Type Of Area You Live In

HopeSprings

Where do you live?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

this reminds me of the julia roberts movie (forgot the title of course) :)

didn't know what to choose as i live rural but in the most densely (populated) part of my country. i do remember that some years ago we found out that lots of our peers (members at that time) came from the ohio area. as i'm not from the us i don't know what that means!

do keep us posted about your findings!

corina :)

Is everyone is able to view results? When you create a poll you're given the option to make results public, but I wasn't sure if that meant individual results would be public (you can see how a specific member voted) or if it means we can all see the end result. Since I wasn't sure, I chose not to make it public because of privacy issues. Can someone clarify because I want to be sure we can all view the final results on these polls.

Naomi, all members can see the poll results, even when it is set to private. If a poll is set to public then we see not only the results, but we also see what each member's vote was. For many polls it might not matter if it is public or private. However, if the poll is ever one on sensitive issues then members would likely want the poll to be privaite so that no one knows how they voted.

Rachel

One more thing, I just went to an old poll that was set to "public" and then I logged out. When I wasn't signed in I was able to see the main poll question, but couldn't see any of the poll options for answers or votes cast. It looked the same as a "private" poll would for a non-member. So public and private doesn't make a difference for non-members; they can't see either poll. The only difference is for members - whether or not we see how each member cast his/her vote.

Rachel

• 4 weeks later...

I am suburban Columbus, Ohio. I have been for the last 16 years or so.

Sandy

Urban, in downtown Columbia SC. Although I started having symptoms over a decade ago when I was in middle & high school, and during that time I lived in a smaller town outside of Columbus, OH. I have another friend who now lives in rural Ohio with dysautonomia but who went to school with me. Interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great survey. I have been wondering myself about how where we live affects our condition. I had never heard of POTS before being diagnosed (except for it being the reason Greg left the Wiggles) but now it seems more and more people in my little town are having some sort of autonomic disorder. I just wonder if maybe there is some sort of pollutant that can trigger POTS and other things like it.

• 3 months later...

I live in a small town kingsport, tn. But we have a mega Eastman Kodak chemical company that has been here for many many many years, poisoning the air and the local river/lake that we have for ages now. It's always been hush hush about their pollution in the air, water and ground around here.

I live in the pinewoods of East Texas....moved here kicking and screaming but like it now. :)

Was raised mostly in Dallas and San Antonio but also lived in Amarillo, Tx, Tulsa, Ok. and Muskogee, Ok. ( yes I am an "okie from Muskogee" but only lived there for 18 months).

I definitely believe some sort of environmental factor may have affected my family because my third sister and I have significantly more health issues/ autoimmune problems than our older two siblings who did not grow up in Texas (they were in college by the time we moved to Texas).