Yay Finally!

I only take 2.5 mg if I go higher than 5, I get OI problems. It took five and a half weeks to have a positive effect. I know its still going to be a couple more months before it totally works but im happy for now! I had severe blood pooling before. My highest bp was 90/60 sitting. My legs were alway red/purple. It has gotten a lot better since.

Thanks!!

That's so interesting...I was looking at some old medical records tonight, and noticed that I was taking Lexapro 2.5mg 4-5 years ago when I anxious/dizzy/fatigued. I'm fascinated that it appears to resolve blood-pooling as well.

Keep us posted...perhaps another week or two will go by and you won't have any "gaps" in your symptoms between doses.

How long were you on it? I am asking because.those were just my symptoms last week until it kicked in. it was like a light switch oneday. Last week I had horrivle anxiety, slept around 18 hours per day and was also very dizzy. Then one night after I took it, it just started working. It was like day and night!

How long were you on it? I am asking because.those were just my symptoms last week until it kicked in. it was like a light switch oneday. Last week I had horrivle anxiety, slept around 18 hours per day and was also very dizzy. Then one night after I took it, it just started working. It was like day and night!

Sorry I didn't clarify...not sure how long I was on it...probably months...but my symptoms just suddenly cleared. At the time, I credited another medication (Sensipar), when it could have been Lexapro that was helping all along.

Dani, I take lexapro too. It is a miracle drug for me. Before lexapro I had tachycardia, low bp, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, dizzy... I was so sick I had to stay with my mom for a few months. Honestly I thought I was dying. I was put on lexapro and coreg, my symptoms gradually improved. I think the reason is, because lexapro helps higher your bp. I think it helps calm the nervous system too. I wouldn't be able to drive myself without it.

My Electrophysiologist put me on Lexapro in 2006 to help block adrenalin. I have a severe over-reaction to adrenalin surges. It has been a life saver. If I was startled by anything my HR would increase to 180-200 and stay up for hours. Now I just have a normal response. I am so happy for you.

Thank you everyone!!! :D

I just stopped when I was pregnant because I worried about the risk of dependency on the baby. I just quit everything, including my midodrine and florinef. THANKFULLY I did okay until the 3 trimester from all the extra water weight LOL

I am not quite sure how Lexapro works with the blood pooling, but I dont have the pooling in my legs nearly as bad (I still get a bit when I shower) and I can definitely tell I have blood in my head now. When my next dose kicks in, I can feel the blood go straight to my head. Everything becomes brighter and the fatigue lessens. You would think midodrine would work the same way for me, but it doesn't. The lexapro keeps my blood pressure up for longer and works better for me. Obviously its different for each person, but my hr is down when I stand and so are my adrenaline surges. I no longer have achy muscles either. It really helps to address all these issues at one time. I think people shy away from it because its for anxiety and depression, but a dose of 2.5 mg wouldnt really treat anxiety or depression to begin with. Only bad thing I have right now from it is the gap period from one dose to another and the insomnia. I have always had it, but SSRIs make it worse for me. However, I have less fatigue during the day so im not complaining too much :]