What Is Your Resting Heart Rate

kclynn

My son (15) is just being diagnosed. I was just curious about what other people's resting heart rates are (before meds if you know)? I noticed his is around 100 when he just wakes up in bed or is just sitting for a while. Just last summer early fall it was in the low 80's and 60's when he was just waking up.

mine can generally sit around the 100 mark even if im resting in bed. If things are going ok and im not moving about at all i can get it as low as 70 but most of the time it races away. Beta blockers have helped me but ive had to come off them while i have some allergies investigated (beta blockers increase your chances of having allergic reactions).x

On a good day, my resting is about 85-100. I bounce around from second to second, though, and even talking bumps it up a bit. I was told it's a high resting rate, but I've never known it to be any different. My lowest documented was 68, while I was sleeping, but it always climbs as soon as I wake up.

Hi.... mine is usually 91-105 around the clock (which is while laying)... upon sitting, standing, taking shower or walking to the car (which is maybe once a week).... i gets to 140-160..... very rarely is it under 91, rarely, even waking up from sleep, even laying 72hrs straight with adequate sleep.... resting rate is still 91-105

hilbiligrl

happy holidays all!

my resting heart rate supine: mid/high 40's-- runs lower early morning & late evening.

HR drops when i am still or very relaxed. stairs, arms overhead or outstretched, washing face, brushing teeth

all cause HR to spike: 130's--160's. the tachy has a rapid onset/offset...

cheers!

cordelia

My at rest heart rate is around 100-120 without meds, with my beta blocker I am sitting between 70-90. But the beta blocker tends to crash my bp, so it is a very delicate balancing act! Standing w/ meds: 100-130, w/o meds: 120-160.

Sandy

Some of you with resting heart rates in the 30s and 40s...have you been checked for bradycardia or other heart issues? When mine was in the 30s, I had cardiomyopathy and bradycardia and got a pacemaker. It has really helped with my energy (although it's still too low) and my heart issues.

My resting HR, now and before diagnosis, is anywhere between 45-65 bpm. Any change of position makes an almost instant spike in my HR. I am restricted to taking my BB only once I get out of bed, and never past noon because I have nocturnal bradycardia (low 40s.) No cardiologist has ever expressed concern or done any further investigation.