Need Help Raising Bp

It was 92/80 which is pretty low for me and I've been having stomach issues. My cardiologist called me back a bit ago and told me to take Florinef, which hopefully is helping to keep the gallon of water I drank back in. I have Pots syndrome but have been to urgent care three times in the past month for IV fluids, so was hoping to skip going there since I think they're going to name a wing after me pretty soon. Thank you for your suggestions - I may need to stock up on licorice and see how that works too. Ugh, so frustrating.

I'd certainly give florinef a try...work your way up to a therapeutic dose. Lots of extra salt & water with it. Check potassium to make sure it doesn't get too low- eat bananas, potatoes, or OJ.

My son (17 y/o) is enchanted with typewriters. His favorite is an E-Bay find: a 1914 Royal that he's got to working condiiton.

Feel better-

Julie

I'd certainly give florinef a try...work your way up to a therapeutic dose. Lots of extra salt & water with it. Check potassium to make sure it doesn't get too low- eat bananas, potatoes, or OJ.

My son (17 y/o) is enchanted with typewriters. His favorite is an E-Bay find: a 1914 Royal that he's got to working condiiton.

Feel better-

Julie

Is there a good way to check potassium without doing bloodwork? And do french fries count as potatoes? :lol:

I've been crawling around the house, so a bit better than earlier. And that's an amazing eBay find - I collect typewriters and I'm an editor/writer, so I thought the name was pretty fitting. Thanks for the advice! So nice to have a group of people who understand why your body is out of whack.

Is there a good way to check potassium without doing bloodwork? And do french fries count as potatoes? :lol:

I've been crawling around the house, so a bit better than earlier. And that's an amazing eBay find - I collect typewriters and I'm an editor/writer, so I thought the name was pretty fitting. Thanks for the advice! So nice to have a group of people who understand why your body is out of whack.

Oh YES, french fries count as potatoes!!!! The Royal typewriter WAS an amazing find. I think he paid $10 and the glass on the sides wasn't even broken...the poor seller paid 3 times as much to ship it to us- you know how much those weigh!

Google a potassium deficiency and see if you have any symptoms. That's an easy way of checking. If you are taking as much as 0.1mg daily, you probably need a prescription for potassium. It not only helps as florinef depletes potassium, but it also helps to raise blood volume. Slow K-8 is the name of my son's prescription. Probably a good idea to be safe.

Julie