Mack's Got It

juliegee

Yikes, Mack came home really sick from school today- high fever, body aches chills, TROUBLE BREATHING, headache, cough. I rushed him to urgent care & his flu test was negative....even the doc didn't believe it. It came from nowhere. He was fine this AM. They put him on prednisone, codeine cough syrup and a Z-pack because of all of his underlying stuff. He's sooo sick- how scary.

I am immuno-supressed. IgG at 500, may have to start IVIG soon. Just a matter of time before the Mommy/Nurse is down :o Send good wishes our way. H1Ni is everywhere here in GA....

Julie

Yikes, Mack came home really sick from school today- high fever, body aches chills, TROUBLE BREATHING, headache, cough. I rushed him to urgent care & his flu test was negative....even the doc didn't believe it. It came from nowhere. He was fine this AM. They put him on prednisone, codeine cough syrup and a Z-pack because of all of his underlying stuff. He's sooo sick- how scary.

I am immuno-supressed. IgG at 500, may have to start IVIG soon. Just a matter of time before the Mommy/Nurse is down :o Send good wishes our way. H1Ni is everywhere here in GA....

Julie

Prayers and good thoughts your way, Julie! I pray you don't get it!

:) Julie,

My Prayers are with you as I write this for you and your Mack....

(((((((sending you a BIG CIRCLE of WHITE LIGHT & WARM HUGS to surround both of you and your family to protect you.)))))

keep us posted when you are able,

love,

bellamia~

Thank you so much for your healing thoughts and good wishes. Mack is still pretty miserable. His high fever broke after a few days- that's the good part :rolleyes: . Today he keeps breaking out in a cold sweat and his breathing is still rough- that's the bad part :) . Of course, it's a weekend BUT I'm thinking I will take him into an urgent care tomorrow if he's not noticeably better. I just want someone to listen to his lungs... He's still on an antibiotic and steroids, but I'm worried. I hate to think what this will do to his autonomic stuff :lol:

Mack's flu test came out negative, so we're fairly sure this is not H1N1- even thought the symptoms are the same. The doc called is mycoplasma/walking pneumonia.

So far my hubby and I have remained well. I'm so thankful I am able to nurse Mack.

Thank you again for your good wishes. they mean so much-

Julie