Does Oversleeping Make You Feel Worse?

Nauthiz

I would love to sleep that long! I tend to be in bed for about 10 hours, but get very restless sleep and wake up too early. Pass some of that sleep on to me!

jana

i with jana.

when i do fall asleep at the hospital, and they walk in and wake me for lunch they scare me and then i feel hung over.

at home i'm told not to sleep at daytime.

bellamia~ ;)

I don't think it does for me. I feel my best if I get a good 10 hours of sleep at night. Some days I'll sleep for 12 hours at night. Waking up will take a little longer and be harder if I sleep for 12 hours, but it doesn't make me feel worse for the rest of the day. I have more strength and energy the more sleep I get.

Rachel

If I "oversleep" I feel worse due to the delay in taking my meds. But, I feel less fatigued overall because I've followed my natural circadian rhythm. I have been backing up my wake times in preparation for the school year and I am paying for it: morning=pain! It just hurts, everything is worse the earlier I get up!

Yeah man - we share a lot of symptoms.

I used to sleep in a lot but now Ive got POTS it makes me groggy and brainfoggy. I have theories as to why this is.

To be honest the best shortterm remedy for this is caffeine - but i dont actually believe now that caffeine is that helpful in the longterm for POTS.

For me graded exercise is now reaping some benefits.