Well I'm A Bit Freaked Out Right Now!

Yes, he touched me as well and pretty much exposed my breasts. I think I told some one else on here from arizona that I couldn't recommend him because of what happened to me. He was caught by a scrub nurse pinching another women's breast who was coming out of anesthia after a pace maker procedure. It's all over the local news here. His name is Richard J Lewis, educated at Mt. Sinai in New York. He has only been in arizona a few years. Don't know if there were other incidents in other states. The cardio center I'm going to fired him on thursday. I'm putting it out there in case some one else on here may have been treated by him in another state or here arizona.

So I'm going to have to call the mesa police in the am to tell them he assaulted me as well. I was so stressed by what happened I did tell the cardiac rehab therapist what happened about 6 weeks ago, but told her it was not to leave the room, because I wasn't sure if I was overreacting to his exam. Now I know I wasn't! My radar was right on and I should have listened to it. Geez the things we keep to ourselves because we don't want anyone to think we are crazy.

So I'm on here in the middle of the night because I can't fall asleep and I can't stop thinking about it. I all can say is thank god for the rehab therapist, because she went to the office manager without identifying me and told her what I had said. The manager told her to write it up and document it. Hope that meant they started watching him and that is how he finally got caught. I talked with rehab gal today and she said, "Oh I've been thinking about you all day!" She assured me that coming forward wouldn't effect my care and the doc I'm seeing now is very good and takes care of her own father. She said everyone is relieved he was fired. I guess other care providers who worked with him were starting to notice he was being inappropriate.

How could a doc do that to someone who is already stressed from being ill?

I should have walked out of the exam room and declined his examination at the 2nd appt, after I felt exposed on my first appointment. I really wanted to see my TTT results, and he knew about dysautonomia, so I thought he'd help me, so I went back. Thats how desperate I was to have someone help. I waited a month to make my 3rd appointment because I couldn't bring myself to see him again, then I realized I could go back to the female doc who sent me to him. She is so great and very smart and is really trying to help me. I get to tell her next week at my appt, what he did to me, because I didn't tell her yet, that should be fun.

So listen to your instincts my friends and if something doesn't feel right, move on it, even if it feels socially uncomfortable to speak up. Rock that boat!!!

Thanks for listening!

Just an FYI, if you are going to press charges, or if you anticipate being asked to be a witness against him, you may want to have this thread deleted until the trial is over.

Nina

I'll second Nina on her recommendation, but I also want to express my support for you during this time. I had the same thing happen with a chiropractor, so I know a little bit about how you're feeling. The people you think you can trust the most can do the most horrendous things. I'm sorry that this happened to you, and hope you find a lot of support. Good luck!

Jana

I'm sorry this happened to you. Don't feel bad about not saying anything. I had something similar happen when I was 17 years old. I went in for a sore throat, and the doctor gave me a pap smear which he sent the nurse out of the room for. He then proceeded to exam my breasts forever, which now that I am older I know he wasn't just examining. I felt bad about it for a while. And the worse part is, is that I never said anything, so I wonder if he is still out there doing this. It's a good thing you said something. Sometimes all it takes is one person to speak out, and we find many others who were afraid to. But you might want to think about what Nina said about deleting the post.

Hugs

Suzy

Thanks suzy and jana for your support, sorry anything happened to either one of you.

I guess I'm not understanding why my post should be deleted. Why? Isn't my identity blinded here.

My main purpose for posting it was to make sure that any one else here that may have seen him in another state knows about it. Also nothing I've said hasn't already made it to the main stream media for all to see.

I've already talk with the office manager and she said that they are fully cooperating with the police and will hold nothing back from the investigation. She also told me to contact the mesa police who are investigating it. He has been charged with two felonies so far. I understand innocent until proven guilty. However I know first hand exactly what inappropriate things he did to me. I'm being interviewed by a detective tommorrow afternoon. I will ask them if I should delete it. The detective told me they are getting a large volume of victims calling after it made the main stream media yesterday. So public venues do serve a purpose.

I have nothing to hide and I'm frankly a bit surprised by the lack of support from the many members who have already read my post and given no support, of course not including suzy and jana, thank you much ladies.

You all gave a lot of support to the post titled idiot doctor, what's the difference. I came here to notify and get some support for something awful that happened to me and that I've been sitting on for two months and probably would still be sitting on had he not been arrested.

Some understanding please!!!

Yes, your identity isn't easily identified here, but any good lawyer could figure it out... and what you say here could either get entered into evidence, or worse, could be used in a way to dismiss a possible trial.

Just something to think about. I'm not telling you to do so, I'm just asking you to think of the possible ramifications if you are planning on pressing charges.

I'm in no way saying that I don't support you--I was just writing in a hurry b/c I had to go to work. I know first hand what it's like to survive an assault, so please don't take my comment as a lack of support, nor assume that others who might suggest you take down your post aren't supportive either. In fact, all I want for you is to get the trial outcome for you that you deserve after what you've been through

((((((Arizonagirl)))))

So sorry that happened to you...and I'm so glad that jerk will get what's coming to him. What a huge violation of the Hippocratic oath. You are so right- you have done nothing wrong. Try not to feel like you're not getting support from folks here. We all have limited energy and some will quietly say a prayer and send good thoughts your way, while others will take the time to comment. Keep us posted on what haooens as you are able- if not restricted by the case.

Hugs-

Julie

Hi,

That is awful! I am sorry that this happened to you and others. I am glad that he is now under investigation and not able to continue getting away with such awful acts. I hope that him being held accountable for what he did can help you and his other victims begin to process everything.

I did want to add that it should not be taken personally if you do not get a multitude of responses firsthand. I know I read your post the first time shortly after you posted it, but wasn't on my computer, and was not logged in, so I did not respond until I was back on my computer. There are many reasons why people may not post, and I hope that you do not take them personally, because I sincerely doubt that anyone means anything negative by it. It does not mean that people do not believe you or that others do not think that it was a serious offense that he needs to be held accountable for. People do read the boards and are not necessarily a member or (like myself) maybe a member, but not logged in and just bounce into the board to see what is going on quickly. I know many times when I come to look at the board I don't have time to respond, but make a mental note to try to later. Also, many people physically when not feeling the best may come here for support, but are unable to physically and mentally post. I know I am like this when whacked out on a new med...

Also, I know I thought when I first read the post and saw it mentioned/suggested that you have it deleted, that I figured even if I do respond, it was likely that it may be deleted, and you may not see the message. So, please try and not take it personal, or get defensive to others on the board.

I won't say what to do or not do, as far as having a post on the boards that can be found through search engines. But, I wanted to remind you that although you do not use your name on the boards that they could track your comments down by finding the IP address that posted the comments and then linking it to yourself. So, for anyone who is looking hard enough, they will be able to match comments with a name.

I hope that things are going as well as they can be, and that you are able to find continued support here on the boards in regard to this and all other topics.

:rolleyes:

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. It's awful to be treated in such a way by a physician, someone who should be helping you. I hope that your speaking out will help to put an end to this and help to protect others. Good for you for having the courage to do so.

Your identity is hidden, but isn't completely blinded here. You'd be surprised what someone can figure out about a poster if he/she has heard of the person, seen the poster elsewhere on the internet, and/or know the location in which the poster lives. Nina is right; with some digging, a lawyer could identify you here. We want to support you, and we want what is best for you. That's why the suggestion was made to have this topic deleted in the future if the need arises. It's your call. If in the future you think it would help to protect you to have this deleted, just let us know.

We are here to help you and support you. Please don't think that a lack of immediate responses means that people don't care. Most members don't come on here every day. Those who do can't all reply every day. We are all sick and face our own limitations. For example, I read on DINET every single day, however because of my physical limitations and cognitive difficulties, I absolutely cannot reply on many days. We are here to support you, though. Some of us just can't express support right away. Some might not be able to at all, but may be keeping you in their thoughts and prayers as Julie said.

Know that you are supported and cared about. Stay strong, and take care of yourself.

Hugs,

Rachel

Rachel, thank you for saying what I was trying to say, but more eloquently. Also, rather than ask your questions of the police/detectives, you'd probably get a more accurate answer from the prosecutor's office. If you are pressing charges, the police will likely put you in contact with them.

Nina

Hi guys thanks so much for your thoughts. Mighty I was not referring to you, when I said there seem to be a lack of support, but your first post may have discouraged other members from posting.

I am being interviewed by the detective today and I will ask if I can continue to use our forum for support on this incident. I will do what they recommend. We all see doctors here and this seems like an appropriate environment to come to get help, when you get a rogue doctor. Everyone knows just talking about it, helps get it out of your system. Also, in the unlikely circumstance, this guy retains his doctor's license, he could end up in your state. We all see EP cardio's here, I would hate that some unsuspecting member would ever end up in his care. Truly that was my main purpose to notify and protect us.

They are actually interviewing the victims at the center for domestic violence, so I'm guessing they are going to be offering some kind of support. I will take it if they offer it. I'm a strong person, and very self protective, and this happened to me in spite of being that way, so it can happen to any one. These kind of people get away with it because we second guess ourselves and don't speak up and then the next women gets victimized. I'm so grateful to the first women who finally spoke up, if they'd been able to prove her claims it might not have happened to me.

So I'll update you all after the interview today and will ask the detective the best way to handle this incident and any post regarding it in this forum.

We are so fortunate to have this forum to turn too, hope everyone has a really good day!

Arizona Girl,

I'm so sorry you had to be subjected to that, and cincerely hope you get the support you need for this awful experience you had.

It's pretty pathetic that some of these doctors are abusive to their patients in this way, and blow their entire career down the drain.

So many physicians are given so many accolades, and treated like GOD'S, that they think they are never going to be in the position of being caught. Who would believe a patient over a well respected physician? Unfortunately this is why so many patients don't report abuse.

I'm proud of you for stepping forward, and hopefully this man of no integrity will be prosecuted, and put out of business. I'm glad others are stepping forward also, as this will help your case. Unfortunately, some of these dimwits are actually good physicians in the sense of their medical expertise, and we all know how hard it is to find a knowledgable doctor. Unfortunately, sometimes there's a catch------ :rolleyes: .

There's all kinds of abuse in the medical field ranging from verbal attacks, mental abuse, physical abuse, to sexual abuse and rape. I was verbally attacked by a nurse who sought out my postings purely to try and discredit me with SSDI officials. I did not receive the support I needed, but one other person stepped forward with a simular complaint, which helped proove my case. I know this isn't anything close to what has happened to you and the others who were assaulted by this doctor, but it helps considerably to have others who have the courage to step forward. It is very difficult filing any kind of complaint or prosecution with the medical community, as they have their own team of lawyers who get paid a lot of money to keep them out of trouble.

The nurse worked for a very well respected and trusted doctor, and fortunately this was isolated only to the nurse, as the rest of the staff are very good. Apparently this nurse has serious issues with crossing boundries. I think she is still employed with the same hospital, but I don't know if she works for the same doctor.

I hope everything works out for you and the others who were put though this man's abuse.

Maxine :0)

You are awesome.!!!!! To have been able to speak to the cardiac person, took incredible strength. There is no good answer as to why. Except that there are sick ones all over. We are just in the middle of a very similar trial in Pittsburgh where an oral surgeon sexually assaulted MANY patients.

I want to add my 11/2 cents about you're posting here. Perverts like that can get lawyers that are scum-bags and they're only "job" as they see it is to get this hemorrhoid off. Who is in the middle matters not to them. I suggest keeping a separate journal apart from anything posted here. Then if you do have to testify, you can refresh your memories with that document. And what is here is a tiny piece of your testimony. I hope you are able to maintain with this added anxiety/ abuse. We are here. This is an extended family to me. And I think to all. Keep us posted as appropriate. You can p.m. anytime. M