Update On Amy

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to update those of you who remember our volunteer Amy, who ran the t-shirt sales for quite some time. She is now in assisted living and the decision has been made that she will have to remain there indefinitely. Amy is having a hard time with this naturally, as she has a young son and husband at home. Please keep Amy in your thoughts and prayers. Those of you who wish to send her a card or note can do so at:

Amy Van Der Kamp

PO Box 214

Prarie City, Iowa 50228

Thank you,

Michelle Sawicki

OH my... is she on the computer?

Do you have permission to say why she is in Asst living?

Thanks for publishing her address.. I'll drop her a note

What a GOOD friend you are Michelle

Jan

Thanks for the update, Michelle. Amy is in my thoughts and prayers. I put a card in the mail for her today.

Jan, Amy is able to get on the computer, although not all that often. She has dysautonomia due to chronic lyme disease, and things have gotten really tough for her. You can search through some of her old posts to see what she is dealing with. Here is one of her recent updates: http://dinet.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtop...638&hl=lyme

Rachel

Thanks for the info. That makes me very sad. What a heartbreaking decision for she and her family. I will keep her in my prayers. Things CAN turn around. I've seen it in my own family :) Thank you for letting us know.

Julie

• 4 months later...

That is certainly disheartening news. Let us know if she can be reached via Facebook or email. Also, being an Iowa, the town's name is actually "Prairie City".

Thanks for the update,

Jana

I'm sorry, this is so heartbreaking, and it makes me sad that she can't be more functional due to her dysautonomia.

It seems medical research on this is still behind, and I hope the medical profession will step it up a bit on the research to help her and a lot of the folks who's lives are so devastated by this.

Amy and her family will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers for things to turn for the better.

Big Hug to you Amy.

Maxine :0)

She's not been shy about saying why she's in an assisted living facility--the Lyme infection really compromised her body in many ways. She's had a multitude of complicated health problems and has shifted back and forth from the facility to the hospital ICU, and back again many times. If you befriend her on facebook, there are posts by her updating when she can.

I should have known something was wrong b/c her facebook activity dropped off last week.

Nina