Upcoming Show

How did you find a CONTACT email?

I HONESTLY hope they fix the error since I know NASCAR is a huge supporter of Autism causes.

How in the WORLD did ANYBODY THINK autism=dysautonomia?

VERY BAD journalism...sorry.

I would email but found no link at all. My goodness.

We need FACTS

I found no email just a general FEEDBACK with a very obtuse 'generic response'

I am not too happy with this bunch.

Who wrote this story an 8 year old?

NASCAR does commercials on Autism all the time. I worry this show is 'in the can' and will be show as the article states !! :)

Lois - Horseback riding can be a great treatment for those POTS people that can maintain a sitting position well enough. It's a very low stress way to tone up the muscles in your leg. I imagine steeple chases are out for all of us though :)

I wish I could do horseback therapy, but I have no way of getting to the town where the riding center is. <_<

Something about the phrase "allowing her to regain control of her body" really irks me, although I'm not sure why yet.

EDIT: I think you can contact them using the link right above the Copyright notice.

It wasn't really a news article, but a press release. I've work on these sometimes, and they're usually put together by a PR firm that has no direct info on what's going on. Someone at the company might skim it and then it's rushed out. None of these people probably have any idea what POTS is, and if they do a lot of work with autism, I can see how the mistake happened. But glad they at least apologized and offered to correct - that is way better than many PR people I ahve dealth with. By the way, there is info at the bottom of the release about who to contact with comments.

I wonder if anybody has a link to NASCAR Angels powers that be person to contact...since that show could be airing SOON...sigh

Here is a site

http://www.nascar.com/auto/angels/episode_guide.html

But the content on the site is based out of Atlanta and Turner Broadcasting owns the rights to nascar.com

anybody know any NASCAR drivers?

There are some NASCAR bloggers...The Daly Planet among others...not sure if he has a direct contact or not. sigh

was told the folks running this show are complete morons and it's a horrible show.

since there is an article, the show is 'in the can' and ready for tv.

So, we can hope nobody sees it while they insult this illness.

Shame nobody has phone numbers on websites anymore...so we could burn up the phone boards. but best to let stupid sleeping dogs lie I was told.

sigh

Just an FYI, the puzzle logo for autism has been used by autism agencies for as long as I've been in the field (22 years), and probably more like 30 to 35 years.

I think it was more likely just that they both started with the letter A... autistic ... autonomic... automatic... auto mechanic... aren't they all the same thing? :) :) :)

I am familiar with many shows on NASCAR related deals..and I know a guy that was in the tv biz...if he says the folks running this show are total morons, he is not kidding.

He loves NASCAR but some of the folks that make tv shows today are dreadful. Note this is one of those "fake reality shows" which makes me wonder what direction this show is going to take and hot POTS will be presented.

Stay tuned.