I got a job!!!!

Sue

Before I got sick this year I landed a job with a company called "Visiting Angels" (I am a caregiver, can you believe that one!!) My husband called my "new" quickly to be "not" employer of the situation, wht I have, what it does, etc. Since January, believe this, he has called to just see how things were going and to let me know when and if I wanted to go back to work he would find something for me. Well they called last week with a full time position taking care of two elderly patients, one post stroke the other just elderly. Well I told him full time would be way too much for me. So he asked me if part time could work out what would I want to work??? So I blurted out three, four days at three hours each. An hour and half later he called me back and told me he has talked to the family, they know of my situation and are willing to let me try. Can you believe this!!!! They also know I am not driving and only do a little at a time. But they said "They feel I am helping them, they can help me!!" Can you believe this!!!

The couple only live apx. a mile from my home so my family will drop me off and pick me up and will see what happens. :) I am so excited and nervous at the same time.

Wish me luck, I am really hoping this works out. It will be nice to feel like I am accomplishing something again.

Sue

Sue, Congrats!!!! I work in special education--and you know what? Despite the exhaustion, I find that it gives me a perspective on life that helps me get through each day. When I get overwhelmed with my personal life, my job is a constant reminder that all in all, my life is pretty good. I had one family who had several children with autism--I used to go to their home to work with their kids and the staff who were doing home-schooling. I would leave their home, get in my car, drive about a block away and stop. I would look up at the sky and think "thank you for making my life simple." The things that the family had to do on a daily basis just to survive made my world seem like a breeze.

Hope it works out for you and that you LOVE it!

Nina :)

Congratulations! I'm sure you feel so proud of yourself right now- and what good luck to stumble upon :) It's great that they live so close to you- and maybe having the flexibility to work in someone's home where you can sit/stand as needed will be helpful for you. The only job I've been able to tolerate since I got sick was working part time (20 hours per week) as a mother's helper- I was able to pick my own hours, work as needed, and have the comforts of sitting, standing, and eating/drinking at my convenience which made it tolerable. Of course after Ethan was born mothering became a full time job, but that's another story :)

I am so happy for you! Let us know how it goes!

Sue, what wonderful news. Sounds like the people you will be helping are feeling excited about helping you at the same time. We all want to feel needed so this is probably a good thing all around. Go slow and remember to deep breathe through the nervousness. Best of luck and I am really happy for you.

Good for you, Sue! Don't let POTS run your life ... get out there and work; you won't know if you can do it until you try. I am willing to bet you will at least be able to work a few days a week.

Amy