What Does Blood Pooling Feel Like

maryfw

You can usually see the legs have a purple shade. When I'm in the shower and look at my feet, I can see every vein, and they look almost black. I know I'm pooling when I can't walk very far without feeling like I have no oxygen, and my walking gait becomes a wreck. I feel like my legs can't make contact, like two magnets trying to touch.

Maxine :0)

Going off of what Maxine said, you will notice that your legs feel heavy.

And if you push down on your legs with your finger tips, you will leave white marks.

They fade but will show you when your pooling.

blood pooling is hard to explain, but along with the heaviness and purpleness sometimes I feel a burning throb like i just shut my thumb in a door, but its my legs. it's just all around uncomfortable and i find in different postitions it feels differents ways

Madeline

blood pooling is hard to explain, but along with the heaviness and purpleness sometimes I feel a burning throb like i just shut my thumb in a door, but its my legs. it's just all around uncomfortable and i find in different postitions it feels differents ways

Madeline

Do your legs feel tight, like they are swelling?

Pooling just means that blood is collecting in the limbs. I can tell that it's happening when my legs are red - they used to turn black, but now just red. The pooling doesn't always match up with how I'm feeling - I may feel "normal" when I have visible pooling and I may feel awful when I don't see any pooling. I don't think you necessarily feel when it's happening.

I can't feel mine pooling I can just see it. My legs get this blotchy red all over them. My feet turn deep red, almost purple. In my arms the veins stick way out and are very bright blue and I get a few blotches. When I up and moving around I don't really feel much except they feel heavy like there are weights on my ankles. I get more and more open gated walking and eventually have to sit down and put my feet up and they are just so heavy. Not painful, again just like workout weights are on my ankles. I feel it the most when I sit down or lay down. They ache like a toothache. I feel the need to change positions a lot, but as the blood starts to move I can feel the ache go away. It hurts most in my feet and calves. It can last for several minutes to all night depending on how long I was up for. Most of the time at night I have to take some kind of pain medication just to get to sleep. I guess it is different with each person on what they experience.

I definitely feel it when my blood is pooling. It hurts! It feels like a lot of heavy pressure, but painful pressure. Anything that isn't skin or bone hurts. My blood pools all the way up to my waist, but usually the pain is just at my knees and below. If I wear compression stockings then I might still have a little bit of pooling, but not enough to be in pain.

If you have pain when you're upright that begins down at your ankles and slowly works its way up your leg, then it is probably pain from blood pooling. Look down and check to see if the areas that are hurting are also bluish-purplish. The pain will either go away or change in type after you lie down for a while.

Hope this helps! It's kind of hard to explain the pain. It's not a cramp, a burn, or an ache. It just hurts!

Rachel

Mine get mottled, feel heavy and hurt with running- steps or on the exercise bike. My Dr. ordered and arterial Doppler. So it feels like arterial sclerosis or claudication.

Haven't gotten the test yet, I have also had mild cramps in the calves. Below is a definition for you. My discomfort is relived by- putting my feet up or by compression stockings.

Claudication, literally 'limping', is used as a medical term in various contexts. It is also used figuratively. Claudication refers to cramplike pains in the calves caused by poor circulation of the blood to the leg muscles.

Madeline

Do your legs feel tight, like they are swelling?

Mine do...I feel it as pressure mostly. like a swelling feeling.

If I stand still long enough, I would get all kinds of zips an zaps, pins an needles, pain. but I don't stand still for very long anymore.