Thanks.

JacobyD

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here who has helped me through the last couple of years. I still have many health problems, but for the most part none of them are 'autonomic' in nature.

I will be concentrating on getting stronger and focusing on my remaining health problems, and will probably not be posting here very much if at all.

I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers and hope you are lucky enough to meet and get support from some of the great people here like I have been blessed with.

Love and healing,

Dan

My Online Journal

That was so considerate of you to post (rather than to disappear and leave us all wondering where you went and how you're doing)! Your "voice" will be missed. I've only been around for a few months, and already I feel better knowing that there's a community out there for me. I'm glad to hear that this community has helped you too... Stop by and say hi sometime, OK? (If that works for you, of course. :rolleyes: )

Most of all, I wish you days of good health and happiness--wherever you may roam.

Take good care,

Merrill

Dan, it is hard to know what to say. I am glad that autonomic is not on your list of troubles any more but I know you still have many hurdles ahead and I wish you the best as you focus on your needs. I have appreciated your sharing your story and your research, especially the study from the UK on particualr meds. I have a copy of it printed in my files and know that your story and the info in the study helped guide me to my own decision in this area.

I, too, am so thankful that you posted to let us know we may not hear from you often or at all but know that we are all still pulling for your complete recovery. I will miss your posts.

You all are the best. I am so glad that I found this place, and will never be able to thank you enough for helping me through some tough times. I will pop in and make sure you are all behaving from time to time.

I am always amazed that so many of you are so willing to dedicate so much time to helping each other out with such a confusing and ever-changing syndrome, and will pray for all of you whether you believe in prayer or not.

I am tapering off a lot of meds right now, and am keeping my fingers crossed that my autonomic problems are not being 'masked' by all the fine medications my doctors so kindly dumped into my body for no particular reason other than to 'do something' for a condition they know nothing about.

I hope you all see improvements in the coming months and years. Best wishes,

Dan

Thank you, Dan for all the input and your willingness to share your struggles with the rest of us. You inspired me to start my own website and get a recumbent bike. Many times you have given helpful information to the rest of us and been an inspiration to those of us going through struggles. Best of luck to you! ;)

Dan,

You have been a great friend and have provided all of us with countless amounts of advice and information ;) We will be ever grateful! I am so happy that you can drop dysautonomia from your long list of problems- hopefully this will give you the energy you need to focus on your other health issues. I hope to hear more "farewell" posts from more of us in the future (and I mean that in the most positive way possible). Drop in and let us know how you're doing once in a while, and take good care of that body of yours. You only get one, after all :D

We will miss you!

You people sure are kind! I have will certainly stop by and say hello and offer any help if I can. ethansmom, congrats on your move. I hope it goes smoothly for you. I think you will end up living pretty close to my folks, who now live in central Florida (I grew up in Miami Beach).

Michelle, you know I can never thank you enough for all of your hard work in putting together such a great resource for sufferers of Dysautonomia. I don't think people realize that you have put the majority of this site together all by yourself (with the help of some wonderful volunteers) and that the only thing that has kept it running is your sweat, dedication, and all too often your own money.

I would hate to see this community disappear, so even if you have to sell your toaster, please make an effort to support this site financially and send whatever donations you can to this great non-profit oasis. This site is not sponsored by any corporation, other medical organization, or grants. It is up to those of you who benefit from this great place to keep it alive. I would hate to check back in a month or so and find it gone forever. It is too precious a gift to all of us. Best of luck to all of you and especially those who have been such a big help to Michelle. Sorry to sound like a pitch man for public television! Like Ah-nold says "I'll be back!".

Dan

Thanks Dan, you're too sweet. And you are right...we do not have any sponsors or grants, nor are we affiliated with any other organizations. I, alone, paid for over three-quarters of this organization's expenses last year. As you know, that is something I cannot afford to do this year, and we really do need the financial support of our members. I want to continue helping everyone out there that is going through the same struggle I went through with dysautonomia. Every penny we receive is turned around and spent to help make life for dysautonomia patients better. No one at DINET gets paid. Anyhow, now I feel like the one pitchin' on public television...LOL! I really hate asking for money, but if DINET is going to survive I'm going to have to get used to begging.

Thanks for all the support you have provided both here and through your emails. You know I keep you in my prayers.

Michelle

Guest Julia59

Dan,

I will really miss you a lot----and will look forward to those time's that you DO pop into this site. I will never forget about the time you helped me get through my neck surgery fears. It really helped to know what to expect. Nina was also a huge support!

I still continue to follow your journal as you go through this journey weaning off those meds. You have a lot of courage that I admire a great deal. I know you will reach your goal.

Blessings always,

Julie :0)