Used

Brwneyedchica

So I thought I had this "wonderful" boyfriend and this great support system. My boyfriend of longer than a year has been my "rock" or so I thought, and sat by my side while I was in the hospital, and at home with me when I was sick and paid my bills when I couldn't. I had a falling out (I later found was due to him) with my Dad and he helped me move back to my mom's house. We picked out an engagement ring and started making plans for a spring wedding.More recently, he told me to quit my job and that he would take care of me because he's tired of watching me struggle. He convinced me to renew my cellphone contract another two years because he's on the road and it's easier to talk with him. He convinced me to buy a newer car when I had problems with my almost paid off car. Now I have no job, no health insurance, no way to pay my car payment, car insurance, cell bill or the COBRA payment to keep my benefits. I found out that while we've been together a little over a year he's been cheating for AT LEAST 6 months. I feel so sick physically that I can't eat, I can't sleep. I slept only a few hours and feel so very sick in all sense of the word. I feel sick to my very soul and I just want to crawl into some deep dark hole. I found out for certain that he took someone else out to bars and to gamble and to "hang out" with when I was sick. This was more than several times a week, not to mention that obviously they were more than friends. I pray to god for the strength to make it through this. I am now living in my mom's musty icky basement with spiders everywhere, I thought it was a short term thing being that we were supposed to get married this spring. I believed that my struggles to just live were over. How do I go on? What do I do about all of these bills and health insurance? I know I need to file for disability, i'm too sick to work. I feel like i'll never be happy. My last boyfriend prior to this ended it because he couldn't deal with my being sick and my "life style." I thought I was doing great this time around, giving this boyfriend space and not minding when my boyfriend went out when I was sick, and as it turns out he was cheating. I let him be my best friend and I let him literally be "my rock" and get me through hard times, I don't know how to do this alone anymore. :D

I'm so sorry you're going through this! I can't imagine being in your situation right now, just know that all of us are here to support you. And at least you found out about him before the wedding. Can you imagine being married and getting that news? Still, I'm sure that isn't any consolation.

I know if you can survive having POTS, you can survive this, and you'll be stronger for having lived through it.

((((HUGS)))))

Oh you poor girl! I'm so sorry, I wish there was something I could do for you. (((HUGS)))

You CAN and WILL make it through this. Hang in there.

Amber

I can empathise. I wasn't financially dependent on hi, but my ex of 3 years was seeing someone behind my back and they came to tell me in the hospital, together, when I was bed ridden. Evil cretins.

Like Lauren says, be glad you found out NOW- i.e- before you got a house together and had children.

I now rely on my friends- unless someone VERY special comes along, I won't get sucked in again!

Good luck.