Pacemaker

morgan617

Well, barely got through a thallium, which was normal, just as I told them.

The cardio wanted me on a holter and I said an emphatic no. If you don't happen to have an arrythmia, they blow you off. He was a little taken aback, but agreed to an event monitor...

Well, my rate is dropping to 30 for no apparent reason, so gee, guess I could be a little symptomatic.

I am seeing him on Friday. (I was initially scheduled to see him again the FIRST OF NOVEMBER) and the nurse today said we will be scheduling a pacer for me. I know this won't fix everything, or even a lot of things, but hopefully it will help with those sudden face plants that come out of nowhere....

And maybe I can sit up long enough to post again....morgan

Finally a crumb for you. My guess is that you will feel better with the continuous flow of oxygen!!!!!!!!!

So you know at UW in Seattle there are people who know about pots really. Iwas amazed when I got admitted, even the pharmacist came by and I asked a question and he knew!!!! Dr. Otto is the cardio.

Good luck Miriam :huh:

Morgan, it's good to hear from you! I'm glad you're getting the pacemaker...hopefully it'll make a difference in the syncope, which I know is dangerous and terrifying when you don't know if/where/when you're going to to pass out.

I think you're also going into this with the right attitude...it's not a cure-all, but every little bit helps :huh:

Good luck and please let us know how it goes when you're feeling well enough to get on the computer.

Hugs,

Lauren

Morgan,

Gee, welcome to the Pacer Club. I am sure it will help with the pauses, which were probably a byproduct of the ablation.

This past week, I changed cardiologists. I have a St. Judes pacemaker because my doctor liked them because he had a former St. Jude tech on the hospital staff. My new cardiologist told me that Medtronics has a feature that better copes with rapid drops in heart rate--something that would probably be good for a person with POTS.

I hope that they are putting in a dual-lead pacer. Make sure you have them put it in the side you prefer. Generally, if you are right-handed, it would go on the left side.

Good luck.

Lois

Morgan,

Gee, welcome to the Pacer Club. I am sure it will help with the pauses, which were probably a byproduct of the ablation.

This past week, I changed cardiologists. I have a St. Judes pacemaker because my doctor liked them because he had a former St. Jude tech on the hospital staff. My new cardiologist told me that Medtronics has a feature that better copes with rapid drops in heart rate--something that would probably be good for a person with POTS.

I agree with Lois, I also have a st judes pacemaker, I know my next one I am getting with have better coping with rapid drops.

I wish you the best and I 2nd the Welcome to the pacer club! :D

Amy

oh, MY!!! About BLOODY TIME!!

I am very hopeful for all the fainting you do this will HELP!!!

No wonder you can't sit up worth a nickel.

ALso, read online about the pacers (or have your hubby do searches and bookmark for you to read or print out!)

Yay! Glad to hear it and I hope it helps with some of this autonomic crud.

Sophi

P.S. Your pic! Westward Ho the wagons!

coveredwagon.jpg

morgan -

i think of you often and am so glad that you have at least some sort of answer to something. i know i've been hospitalized for HRs in the 30s and it is NOT fun. i'm not going to be trite and think that the pacer will fix everything and have you running marathons (if so, all the better :P ) but i do hope that it brings some relief.

B) melissa

Thanks all, i will be getting the pacer next friday...right now he doesn't want me on anydrugs because i drop so low, so I'm dealing with the tachy junk. Feast or famine as they say.

The appointment went well, he is actually quite knowledgeable (sp) on ans dysfunction and that makes me feel better.

Lois, he is putting it on the left side, but I have lost so much weight, he says he's going to have to squeeze it in there and my sister says I will need a water bra, whatever that is, to hold it in place as you can't tell my front from my back anymore.

He said, do you realize how tiny you are? I said, does any one else, hello.....Next will be the feeding tube i imagine.

Anyway, i know it won't fix things, but at least I might be able to sit up again....again, thanks

morgan,

i am sorry that i am so late answering this one. i really hope the pacemaker will get you c\back stting again and maybe even get back on your feet. i am glad that it will be placed this friday so that you won't have to wait too long. i will be thinking of you and will send my very best thoughts to you and your family (think they worry a lot about you!).

corina :)