I've Been Exscaping Through Art... Facing Realiities And

Hi everyone,

I've been "lurking" - checking in reading a few posts and then running. I've been in an escape mode lately. I hate this illness and the fun I've been stripped of, and so I've been seeking for fun that helps me ignore this DD. (if you don't know what DD is put disease with the second D and think of a strong description for the first D :) )

Actually, my escape has been very fun - I've escaped into a cyber space art world. I'm selling art on my website and on ebay and another auction type art website as well as chatting and learning. I actually really feel at peace with this DD - and I hope the peace I'm finding is real and not just an escapism that doesn't last.

HOWEVER - though I refuse to spend my life focusing on this DD - I want to do all I can to live at my best level. So, after a long agonizing two weeks of debate, I have decided to go to Vanderbilt for their two week study. I leave on July 5th and will be there two weeks all by myself. I'd love it if any of you would write to me and tell me about yourself or write me your favorite poem or words to a song or something like that.

Melanie Pruitt c/o Bonnie Black

Research Coordinator

Autonomic Dysfunction Center

Vanderbilt University Medical Center

AA3228 Medical Center North

1161 21st Avenue South

Nashville TN 37232-2195

I've received info on all the tests they are going to do and I am going to find out a lot that I don't know for sure and I'm glad to be a part of what they will learn. I am scared though of the travel and the long testing days. On the possitive side, I actually get to meet one of my cyber art friends while I'm there.

Here's what I figure comes next.... I either come home from Vanderbilt with a new med regimine to try, or we have proved that none of the meds work for me.... so I will either try the cocktail of meds they recommend or I will begin Procrit. (I have tried most of the meds they are testing- but the tests are much more extensive than just medication trials!)

If Procrit works - whoooooooopeeeeee! If not - I have to learn to live with this DD contentedly if I'm going to have any life at all. My art plays a role here I am sure - but I know I have many more things to learn.

My immediate path is medical, but my bigger path is learning to really "live" with this so maybe I'll share more about what I learn in the coming months. Maybe my journey will help someone else.

Just wanted to give an update since I hardly post anymore. And please pray for my trip and that I can get the help I need in the airports and that I survive the air travel!

I wish the t-shirts were ready! Then I could wear mine!!!!

~Roselover

Best of luck Roselover! I too have found escapes that distract me from this DD, I think it's perfectly healthy.

2 weeks at Vandy alone has got to stink! They do have more DVD's now, so that's nice. And Bonnie's so sweet and understanding...all of the nurses are. I'll try to get something in the mail for you :)

Hugs,

Lauren

Hi,

I just want to wish you luck. I'll send you something in the mail!!!!! :)

Jacquie

I will keep you in my prayers for your tests to go well and that they may find something to help.

(Hugs)

Tammy

PS I enjoyed your beautiful art work. You have a God given talent and it's wonderful you are sharing it.

Roselover-

Good luck to you. How wonderful for you to have a creative way to express your emotions and to escape in some way. You are very talented and I hope your art sales continue to grow!!!! I did see the pictures you donated for the auction--lovely!!

I will try to send you a card as well!!!

Take care---- :)

Guest Julia59

Good luck Roselover! I'm glad for you that you have found a way of coping through some of this stuff. What a nice way to do it too! I love Art----We have a beautiful Art Museum here in Toledo.

HUGS,

Julie :0)

hi roselover,

you?ve found yourself a great way to hide for b-sad feelings about the dysautonomia. although we miss you around, i can imagine you need some time for fun stuff. art offers you a great escape!

when you are in vanderbilt, i will be in france. i will be thinking about you and hoping that you?re doing okay. and if i don?t forget, i will send you a card.

wish you lots and lots of luck melanie and i do hope that they are able to start you on new meds that will work for you!!!

love,

corina :rolleyes:

Thank you so much for your support everyone - esepcially as I haven't been posting much lately. I do make it here almost daily and try to respond to those that I have insight in. But you all remain close to me in heart!

Julia,

When I traveled to see Dr. Grubb, the one thing my DH and I did before heading home was spend some time in the Toledo Art Museum - on Dr. Grubbs advice! It was FANTASTIC! I was just enthralled. We had limited time and never even got to some parts of the Museum so we plan on visiting again on our next trip to Toledo.

BUT - I could have sat in front of that Money for hours! And of course all the other wonderful paintings. Wow that was fun!

Thanks everyone for being willing to send me mail. That will be so nice!

Luv ya all!

~Roselover

OH- and Corina - I hope you have a beautiful time in France!!! Don't forget to take pics for me to paint!!!

My Dear Roselover,

I have not been on the site for days, and hardly at all for weeks! I just happened to pop on today and scanning through the posts, I saw yours and wanted to say HIIIII. I don't know if I will be able to write to you at Vandy as I still don't get to do snail mail, which I miss very, very much.

But, I wanted to let you know that I WILL be thinking about you a lot.

I am grateful that you are finding some joy in your art.

I also wanted to check with you to see if you had taken my advice on PJ shopping? You MUST get yourself (or get your husband to go get you some) comfy PJs for this stay at Vandy! :) Colorful ones that will make you smile. My mom just came home with some new ones (like I needed anymore. hahahaha) and the sales right now are fabulous! Like, super duper cheap for great stuff. :)

I haven't been able to post much either and every time I log on I am overwhelmed by how busy the site has gotten! Wow! It's pretty amazing!

Hugs,

Emily

Hey Em!!! So nice to hear from ya! I know - you're in the same boat as several of us "regulars" - we seem to be going through a bump in a road....I say bump, because I hope and pray it flattens out for all of us soon!

YES! I have been PJ shopping! My sweet daughter who is 16, took me to her favorite new store and pushed me around in a wheelchair and helped me pick out some fun and very cute PJ's. I expect I'll stay in them a lot since there will be no hubby around to "impress" :-)

You are very lucky to have such a sweet Mom you know! I envy you. Give her a big hug from me for taking such good care of you!

I had a bad flare up of my stomach on Saturday.... almost as bad as when it put me in the hospital. You know this Vandy trip was schedulaed last Oct. but cancelled because I was in the hospital! Sunday was the last day I could take any meds so I was able to take my Zofran and Vicadin on Sat and yesterday just the nausea stayed around. I feel better today.... so I'm crosssing my fingers it was a flare and I will make it through.

I'm sure the nerves don't help and the energy it takes to pack... I've been working a tiny bit each day for two weeks now!

Today and tomorrow I will spend with my 16 year old as the other two are off for camp. We have a tradition of watching as many musicals as we can this week. She just got her drivers liscence so she's actually a little excited to have mom leave and be responsible to drive around town to spend time with friends!

Thank you for all your good wishes and your prayers!

~Melanie

I just wanted to drop a line and wish you safe travel and hope everything goes well! I hope you are able to find so things that are going to work for you and make you feel better! :)

Amy

hi!

Wishing you that you get some concrete help for this "DD" of ours...that you be able to enjoy Dunkin' Donuts again (is there a store in your area?) without getting Dreadfully Dizzy so Don't Despair!

I don't look at going into art as an escape---I didn't ask to be sick,but I know my artwork and music is on a different level because of my sickness. I'm scheduled to record in studio tomorrow. Flutist and Mandolin/guitarist coming. It's still going to be in its rough stages after tomorrow's session, but I'll try to mail you a CD of what we've got so far. Going to take at least a week, though, from Israel.

Thinking of you, sending love and prayers.

Ariella