Hot/cold At Night

jenwic

I have been having weird temp. variations at night. I have a hard time sleeping because I will wake up cold one time then later on I will wake up hot and sweating. Does this go along with POTS? I don't think it's a fever because it has been going on for over a year.

I have this symptom also. Sometimes in the middle of the night my heart rate is extremely high with the hot/cold....My temp usually is 97.7, however when it's 99 I do infact believe I have a temperature.

Jacquie

Me too- I can hardly go to sleep because my hubby has the air conditioner so COLD, then I wake up in the night sweating, and have to kick off the covers. He points this out to me when I complain about the cold A C and I have to admit he's right B):):(

body temperature is regulated by the autonomic nervous system. how this affects people (with dysautonomia) varies but many of us have problems...

:blink: melissa

My temperature gauge is way out of whack. I have the exact same problems at night and during the day. I am hot when everyone else is chilled. I am cold when everyone else is hot. At night, I find that it is helpful to sleep in a cold room. It is easier to put more blankets on than to deal with sweating. We even put in a room airconditioner in our bedroom even though we have central airconditioning. A ceiling fan is helpful. Also, suggest that all cotton nightwear is much better than any blend material.

me too me too!! Amazing even after all this time i can come on this board and see something I have been dealing with and thought it was just me and see oh it part of this POTS stuff we have to deal with...I get so hot at night I kick off all the covers and then I get so cold I start to shiver...it drives my hubby crazy...I never seem to be the right temperature...but sleeping is the worst!

Hi :)

I also get hot and cold during the night. It happens alot during the day as well. I notice that I get hot really bad when I am in stores...

Guest Mary from OH

Yep!! I'm the same way! And I do run a fever on/off too. That darn temp regulation thing!! I often wake up in pools of sweat... It's gross and downright embarrassing. Then again, most of the time, I also have to wear socks to bed because my feet are freezing! Gotta love it!