Back From Vanderbilt

Well I am back from Vanderbilt, and the news was good. I saw Dr. Robertson, and several other doctors while I was there. I didnt get a lot of information, but what I did get was encouraging. He took me off of the Florinef and the Midodrine, and put me on slow rehab. Of course I was on an upward swing so he didnt see how badly my body reacts, but he got the picture. He said that my autonomics had not shut down, they just werent working right, sluggish I think is how he put it. He said that the rehab should jump start my autonomic system so I could live a normal life. My bp was actually on the low side of normal for the last 2 days that I was there, and a couple of days after, but now it is falling again, and I am starting to feel just as yucky as before. He did say that if my bp started to drop consistently again that I would have to go back on the Florinef.

Even though it was very expensive to go, it was still worth it. I saw a urologist while I was there, and found out that I may have to have bladder surgery. Oh yay another surgery! Just what I wanted to hear.

Dr. Robertson is hoping that all of my symptoms will go away with the rehab. I hope so. I am tired of all of this.

While I was there my husband got the good news that I was approved for disability, so now it wont be so hard on him to pay my medical bills.

Sorry that I havent been on the forum for a while. Sitting in front of the computer hurts my eyes horribly, so I try not to sit at it very much at all these days.

Hope everyone is doing as well as can be. miss talking to all of you,

Vanessa

Thats great you had a good experience! :D

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "slow rehab" and why they need to take you off meds to do so?!?

Nicole~

Ohhh I am so happy for you...hopefully you will feel better soon. Also, congrats on getting the disability, I know what a pain in the butt it is to deal with that...

:D

Jacquie

I dont know what slow rehab is either, and I didnt think to ask him that question. He said that he was going to send my pcp a letter explaining everything. The reason he took me off of the meds is because the side effects were worse, and they were not helping that much anyway. All I know is that he said that sometimes rehab will jump start the autonomic system. I just hope that it works.

Vanessa