Chills/goosebumps

dawn

Hi,

Lately I have been getting episodes of goosebumps sometimes a minute apart. Really bad at night. I wake up in fetal position with my hands between my knees with goosebumps and chills.

I think this is a new one for me.

Anyone else get this????

Dawn :)

yes

Best way I can describe it is that I feel like I'm going into shock, and probably am, have gotten some really funky bp readings during, although usually I'm too immobile during an episode to measure bp. I get it every month with hormonal changes, and also if I'm overtired.

It's my second most miserable symptom--second only to respiratory distress which I've been in and out of the hospital for due to myasthenia gravis.

Ariella

yea, I get them too. Sometimes worse and sometimes mild. When it gets real bad with that I too end up in the fetal postition. Not fun.

I managed to get up one night and dump all my laundry on my bed...getting to the blanket closet was too far... and climbed under it all. I was still cold.

It is like the cold comes from within.

I get those too, very regularly. Ihave an electric blanket and sometimes I just crank it up! Recently, I checked my BP and heart rate when I had those chills, and sure enough the blood pressure and heart rate were both LOW!! Just another sign of the autonomic system being broken, I guess. Hang in, Diana

Dawn,

Hello! Yes I also have episodes with goosebumps and I'm also shaking and extremely cold - mainly at night.

I also get goosebumps from Midodrine...I don't see this med on your profile so I'm guessing this is not the cause. I even get goosebumps on my face!! I never knew this could happen until I went on Midodrine...weird! Anyways, midodrine helps me to function so I think I can put up with this one. :)

Hope this helps,

Lisa

hi.. yeah i get goosebumps and chills during bad spells.. and I also get them very badly during adrenaline surges.. YUCK!.. I am so cold at times (like today) that I wear many many layers of clothes.. and am bundles under about 7 blankets.. and I will still be cold and shaking.. I think it the bodys way of saying hey HELLO!! I dont feel right..its a reaction to stressors of the ans system..

I am either too cold or too hot, I am never comfortable.

Jacquie