Palpitations

Jacquie802

Ahh, so I am having palpitations...couldnt remember if I took my Toprol today, so I took another one, because they are sooo bad right now. I am laying down and my heart is racing....Does anyone have any tips for me to remember taking meds?! I tried to make a paper that I check off, but that doesn't work. Maybe a pill case??? Ahhh, I don't know. I hope these things go away real soon. Talk about feeling good then rebounding...

Jacquie

As goofy as it sounds, I use a pill case~ just like my g-ma and im only 19. :) It helps me remember what to take and when to take it. Especially since my brain went on vaca from POTS. lol. I also learned this rule of thumb one day when i wasn't sure if i took my meds or not. If you can't remember, don't take it cause the risks of overdosing are so much greater and most of us are real sensitive to medications. Hope your palps go away and you can get some rest. G-night! :lol:

There are many things you can due here one web site that you can see Pill boxes to Alarm wacthes to tell you to take your meds.

http://www.forgettingthepill.com

or

http://www.assistedlivingstore.com/medication_aids.asp

(hopefully its ok to post a web address)

I always use to forget to take my pills. I use a pill box, but I am going to buy a wacth when I get the money as I still forget somtimes. Not sure it its a pots thing of not I just can't keep the time all stairt sometimes. I take meds at 7 am, 8 am, 2pm, 7 pm and when I go to bed. I tend to miss them somtimes :lol: which then is not a good thing, the next day!

Good luck! :)

Thank you everyone for your advice. I think I am a little confused because I now take my Florinef 2 times a day, so I forget if I have taken my Toprol or not. Still got the palpitations which is odd because lately I have been doing soo good.

Today I helped my sister and aunt paint (didn't feel like listening to them complain and say stuff about me if I didn't) and I think that really did me in . I felt like I was going to pass out when we were all done. I really don't know how I did it. I wonder if I am paying for it now?? I thought I would be fine because I made sure I was hydrated. Guess not! :lol:

Jacquie

When I'm at work, I have reminders set in OUTLOOK that pop up and remind me to take my medication (as I'm at the computer most of the day).

During the weekend I leave them on the kitchen bench (it's okay there are no kids in my house - however, I was going through a lot of Xanax recently, and the doctor was asking questions about how I could have taken so many, only to catch my now ex-flatmate taking them one day for fun). But I digress, when they are on the kitchen bench, I am bound to pass them several times during the day, which helps me remember when to take them.

I seen a thing on the nightly news a few months back (it might have been a fews wks.. my snese of time is really messed up).. well anyways they are making pill bottles that like have reminder alarm thing on them.. I think that you set the times you take it.. I believe that the bottles reminder things run about $35 bucks.. so they arent cheap... and you can only use them for one kinda of pill.. so I'm not sure how feisable that would be.. but thought I would mention it..

as I also will forget if I have taken a pill too... and have to many of them to try and do a sheet.. to those pill boxes..

So what I do do is.. if I take the pill I will turn my bottle upside down.. so that I know that I took them.. kinda goofy.. but whatever works right?

:)

I was having the same problems, and my family bought me a pill case that has 4 compartments for each day. Before that my husband or my daughter would give me my medicine when it was time, because I would always forget if I took them or not, so I wouldnt take them. It is working pretty good, I also have 2 singles just in case I have to take meds at differnt times of the day, then I will put the times on the boxes with masking tape. Hope this helps you out. Vanessa

Hi, I always have my pills/pill bottles in my pocketbook. I might try to get a pill case to carry around though.

Jacquie

I am a horrible pill taker to the point my cardio is getting on to me as I now have a new cardio problem. His suggestion is to link pill taking with an activity I do every day such as getting the mail. When I go to get the mail, stop and pop a pill. Good suggestion I think, even though I remain noncompliant!

Carmen

PS I have the twice a day Florinef problem, too. Maybe linking it to watching the news in the morning and evening would help us remember?