How low does you B/P get?

AJVDK

All week I have not been feeling well, and ealry tonight I felt very dizzy, and I check my b/p and it was 81/40 and my heart rate was 70 ( my pacmaker low is set at 70) my b/p is always low most of the time 90/60's-80/50's. I am just wanting to know if alot of you run low? Is it OK to run low all the time? I am already on meds to help, and where compression stocking too. Anyways sorry for the questions, I was just thinking about it tonight and thoug I would ask!

Amy

The lowest I know I went was 72/44...was not feeling good AT ALL. However, mostly I run 90/54. It's weird because some days when my bp is low I don't feel the symptoms, but other days I do. Also, somedays when my bp is good I feel aweful. There's no escaping!

Jacquie

Hi the lowest Bp I have seen for me was 45/23.. and I was barely conscious.. some days my BP will run about 50-70 over 30 something..

I have been in the ER with a BP of 61/33.. and they rushed me back and hooked me to a monitor andpumped me full fo fluids.. and the BP went up..

I have some wacky wacky BP readings.. once a BP of 150/0.. my BP is all over the map it is up and dwon..

If my BPis lower then 45/23 my monitor will not even pick a reading up and will repeatedly read error..

I would talk to your doc about your BP being low

Well I think that how low a person's BP can go with it out being a problem for that individual varies from person to person, just like HR or temperature. The lowest I have been recorded at was around 50/25, which was when I was doing orthostatics in the hospital. I started to pass out, so I told them I needed to lay down, so this was my BP laying down. But lower BPs like you have been having are not fun. If you are concerned about the effects of it, it is probably best to ask your doctor, to see if there are any other meds to help. I know that when my systolic dips below 100 increasing my fluid intake seem to help. When I was really sick, I had a PIC line and received 2 liters of IV saline each day just to keep my pressure up along with the meds.

Amy,

Hi! My blood pressure has been as low as 70/38 recently. Each time shortly after I ended up fainting, so I don't know how low it got when I actually fainted. Recently, I can't seem to get above 90/70 even with the midodrine (proamatine). Usually, I have tachycardia normally regardless of my blood pressure...but it is worse with my blood pressure dropping. I also, tend to have irregular heartbeats. Then at times I have these episodes where my blood pressure and heart rate drop or they fluctuate up and down and I shake uncontrollably. (not like a seizure, cuz I remain conscious, but so hard that I can't walk or stand. The tremors seem to worse on the right side of my body.) Oh, how I wish this had rhyme or reason. Somedays I don't know whether I am up or down. I wish I had an answer...but you are not alone! Take Care! Renee

Hi. The lowest mine had gone was 26/14, during my tilt table testing. During a hospital stay once last year, it was recorded at 70/49, while I was sleeping. I guess it goes pretty low when I'm asleep.

During the day, it's all over the place when my POTS is bad. It will run in the 90's over 50's, then go up to 150's or 160's over the 90's to the low 100's. One time, my systolic was nearly the same as my diastolic. I've heard this is definitely not a good thing.

Good for me is 106 / 63, which I tend to run on a "normal" day.

Hope this helps to let you know you're definitely not alone in this! Take care.

LindaJoy

Hi my b/p has gone so low that my machine would not pick it up, so I got my husband or daughter to take it manually, they could get the top # but not the bottom. As low as it has gone without passing out is 68/35, I ended up in ICU that night. I dont even go to the hospital anymore because of my b/p. I know as soon as I lay down it will come up a little bit, so I dont bother. Vanessa

Hi, this past week my lowest was 71/36 (I was nauseaus and dizzy), but I've been lower than that back in high school. I think a normal reading for me is 90/60. A lot of us may vary on BP ....but we know when we are not feeling well. Don't be afraid to talk to your doctors about it. :rolleyes:

Take Care!

Guest tearose

Hard to answer...

just before I pass out it has been as low as 56/ 34 ...who knows cause I am on the floor by that time.

I do know that the last time I feel "in control" of my body, thoughts, able to move on my own is at a "safe low" of 60/40 but that is awful close to seeing the snowy white spots that signal a major problem if I don't do something fast to counteract that.

To counteract the 60/40 snow and white spots, I would immediately sit then lay down and when the snow subsides, start drinking some electrolytes.

tearose

I have to agree with Jacquie that somedays when I'm 90/50 I feel alright and other days I can hardly function.

I normally run in the 90's. My lowest recorded pressure is 60/40 and that was laying on the floor because I couldn't even sit upright. My really good days I hit 120/60.

I take Florinef, additional salt and Epogen injections to help increase my pressure.

The lowest mine has been measured as is 60/40 and that was before i fainted. Previously before medication i use to constantly be about 70/45 or 72/50. It was horrible. These days my blood pressure is usually normal yet i dont always feel 'better'. Its a bit annoying actually as i was hoping if i got my bp to be normal then i would feel normal.