Poll: Please Respond: Won't take a minute

LindaJoy

Hi, I don't take any type of SSRI, but before the docs knew what was wrong with me (POTS & Arrhythmia), everytime I went to the ER they would give me an Ativan.

Jacquie

I have tried Zoloft and Paxil for POTS. Neither of them did anything, Paxil got rid of what was left of my appetite and completely destroyed me for the few days I was on it. Zoloft wasn't that bad but it gave me VERY weird dreams(I know everyone gets weird dreams but these were completely off the wall and I got 10+ every night). It also made me moody and irritable and when I first tried it it did the same thing to my appetite that Paxil did. No more SSRIs for me! :)

I am on Nortriptilyn, its helping me with sleep and pain, but I think its an antidepressant too. All i know is its working and I dont have the surges, well i have them, but dont feel them as much. When I miss a dose i sure know it! Its great for sleep! Bad side affect of weight gain though, so you have to be careful that way. Other wise its great. I have tried amitriptilyn but it gave me horrible side pain so they switched to this instead. I dont think its an ssri though.

Brenda

I'm on Paxil CR (12.5 mg - lowest dose). I originally went on it to help with anxiety and it ended up also helping me sleep better and just feel better in general. I no longer get surges of anxiety and feel like myself on it (as far as mood and anxiety).

Everyone definitely seems to react differently on each medicine.

My Dr. really emphasized that regular Paxil and Paxil CR act like completely different meds. On Paxil you get a surge of medicine which may cause side effects where-as with the CR youre much less likely to experience side effects.

I hope you find something that helps you -- without the side effects.

Lisa

SSRI'S TO ME IS LIKE A HUGE BOLLIS OF MORPHINE. MY HEART RATE GOES REALLY LOWER THAN NORMAL AND MAKES ME VERY DOPED UP. THE DOC HAS ME ON ELAVIL,CLONIDINE, TOPAMAX, MIDODRINE, AND LOTS OF COQ10,B-12 AND SALT

i have taken both lexapro/celexa in the past (very similar meds, switched b/c of insurance) i didn't have problems other than minor nausea for a week or so but we weren't certain it was helping anymore (if it ever had been)....

B) melissa

I dont take anything anymore. My doc took me off of everything. Wish he hadnt. Life has been horrible. Vanessa