Opinion about Meds

Jacquie802

Hi, so I have officially drained my savings :) . I have about 5 days left to take my Toprol then I am all out. Should I just take half the amt. I am supposed to? I don't know what to do, because when I am not on it my heart rate shoots up and I ALWAYS end up in the ER. I have no insurance and no more money left. I have borrowed enough money already as it is, so I don't really know what to do. I have some metoprolol left but I think it is going to affect my bp worse, since it is not time released. Anyone have any advice?

I am sorry, but have no advice, only sympathy. I am blessed to live in Australia where we have a government funded medical system everyone can access. I just feel for you being in this position. We are following the American system and I am worried about it. I am praying for a solution because God has you in his sights. Hope something comes up soon. Hugs.

I would call your doctor's office. They may be able to arrange a supply of medication samples from the drug reps. It's at least worth a call...my docs office used to keep me in stock with meds when I had no health insurance, and also when I was out on long term medical leave b/c they knew I didn't have any $.

Nina

Hi,

Call your dr. office. They can get in touch with the reps, or call the drug company or look them up on the internet. Search on their site for patient drug assistance program.

Most have programs set up for people unable to afford medications. It is worth a shot.

Good luck and in the meanwhile call your Dr. They usually have samples around but like someone posted above me, they can get the reps to bring some in.

I agree with the others about calling your doc's offfice and explaining your situation. Also, can you qualify for medicare/medicaid?

I hope you find a solution soon and that you don't end up in the ER!!

Hugs,

Gena

Guest Mary from OH

There are many drug prpgrams you can apply to if you have no insurance. Just do an internet search. Also, your state should always have a program in place for people who don't have insurance. Also, check with the manufacturer of the actual medication you need. (see 2nd link) Often, they have a program within their company. For example, Smith-Kline, etc. Here are two links that should help you out. Good luck.

http://headaches.about.com/od/rxassistanc1/a/pparx_intro.htm

http://headaches.about.com/od/rxassistanc1/index.htm