Thank you everyone

michiganjan

I can't begin to say how comforted and confident I feel because of your support , prayers, meditation, and healing thoughts. Being connected to others with POTS has been my source of strength, and then having all of you care so much about what happens to my husband is amazing. Thank you.

This afternoon, I left Jeff in the hospital so I could drive home before the rush hour traffic began. I sat here from 7 - 8 in my house and prayed for Jeff and I felt everyone with me, not just then, but earlier, too, throughout the day. Something happened I wasn't expecting. I felt this big wave of acceptance just well up inside me, and, at the same time, I felt that our prayers were answered.

It was the first time I was here alone while Jeff is in the hospital without feeling lonely.

I talked to Jeff on the phone a little while ago and he said he felt very peaceful and he felt connected to others.

I go and get him in the morning. He will be sick from chemo for at least a week, then begin to feel better. It will be at least 2 weeks before they do the scope and scan and I will post results as soon as I know them.

Again, thank you so much all my precious POTS friends. And yes, I know you will continue to pray for him. I don't even have to ask. I just wanted to try it as a concentrated effort.

Jan, you and Jeff are still in my thoughts...and I feel grateful to have the opportunity to at least a small something that helps you both. It's hard being so far away from you--if you were my neighbor, Teri and I would be cooking you meals and helping around the house. For the moment, healing and positive thoughts will have to do. Hugs. Nina :)

The bad part of not being close by is not being able to bring some food by, do some chores for you or something else that might physically help you both, so I guess you know that our prayers are with you all and positives vibes are going your way. A piece of pie wouldn't hurt though, right? Wish I could send one. peace and rest to you both so you can heal and be well.:-)

Jan, I am also going to keep you and your husband in my prayers. How are you holding up through all of this? I also wish we were closer to you so we could help you out. I don't know how much help I'd be right about now, but I sure would try to help you and your husband. Please let your husband know we are continuing to keep the both of you in our thoughts and prayers. :)

Here's another amazing thing. I have neighbors--at least 4 of them who will help me if I need it, like bringing groceries during the times he is sick from the chemo. He prepares for his hospital treatments by going to the grocery the night before and putting gas in my car! That way, if he is too sick on the chemo for several days, we do not have to go out.

In spite of the cancer, he cut the grass all summer. Last time he was on chemo, I paid some kids to clear the snow. That was the first time we needed help!

I go to get him this morning. He will feel better in about a week and get to feeling almost normal. Last week, a few days before chemo, he went out to a fire. He drove the Salvation Army canteen truck to the site of an apartment fire, where he and another disaster services volunteer gave out sweatsuits and sandwiches to those who were burned out of their homes in the middle of the night and were out in the cold in their pajamas.

I have learned so much from watching how he deals with this. He just does what he can, when he can, and stays on the couch when he is sick. He does not fuss or worry. It is a good lesson for me in dealing with my POTS.

I am sorry for being so late for posting but you have definitetly been on my mind. May God bless you and Jeff (it sounds like you both are quite blessed to have each other). I know from your prior posts that religion is very important to you. I might can suggest some womderful reading that might help you right now if you are interested. You may PM me at any time.

Carmen

Hi Jan - I haven't posted in quite a while - Have been feeling sick and not up to going on computer until the past day or two - My thoughts and prayers are with you and Jeff. Even though I am not one of the "regulars" who post frequently I think of both of you often and hope that you are both doing okay and will come through this experience stronger and wiser. Love, Beth

Guest Julia59

Jan,

You know your in my thoughts and prayers----and i'm hanging around if you need to call. Call anytime---even if in the middle of the night. You have been holding strong, and I know you'll hang in there.

I've been a little out of it and apologize for not posting sooner, but you know i'm thinking about you and Jeff all the time.

Blessings to you both....

Julie :0)

Jan i am glad that you are feeling connected. I hope Jeff recovers from the chemo and does not have to suffer feeling sick for too long between sessions. Its nice to hear you have supportive neighbours. I am certainly thinking of you both and wishing you well xox