Worse than a few min. ago

Jacquie802

SO after not feeling good for the last 3-4 days, I now have a horrible sore throat and my whole right side of my head, throat, and ear are in pain. :D I took some Tylenol Sore Throat. Does anyone know of anything else that could help me, still in pain. Don't want to take something that is going to aggravate the POTS and tachy. I do know to avoid Pseudoephedrine!

So now that I have taken the TYlenol Liquid for my sore throat my heart is racing....I called the pharmacy before and asked if it was safe to take the Tylenol due to the tachy and she said yes. Ahhhhh, if it's not one thing it's another.

sorry to hear you are feeling so horrible. This may sound obvious but have you tried warm tea with lemon and honey? i have found that can sothe my throat and ears. Also another non invasive way of helping with ears can be ear candles as they help release the pressure.

I would check with a doctor though as you may have a ear infection and its best to try and get rid of those quickly.

Guest CyberPixie

Just thought I'd comment, it's weird how some meds work for some and make others worse. Pseudoephedrine a couple of years ago made me feel a whole lot better, I had so much more energy and felt more normal, though occasionally it gave me a racing heart. Not sure if I should use it now though as my heart pounds and races a lot. I dread getting sinusitis as Pseudoephedrine was what I always took for it.

I try coffee I have to drink decaf, but it still works. I thought that I had the flu this last week, but it was only a 24 hour bug, and when I drank my coffee the pain and pressure started letting up. Hope it works for you. HOpe you start to feel better soon. Vanessa

SO after not feeling good for the last 3-4 days, I now have a horrible sore throat and my whole right side of my head, throat, and ear are in pain. :P I took some Tylenol Sore Throat. Does anyone know of anything else that could help me, still in pain. Don't want to take something that is going to aggravate the POTS and tachy. I do know to avoid Pseudoephedrine!

Hi everyone, I just woke up, so another 14 hour nights sleep. I had the chills all last night, but my skin was sooo hot. The stuff in the Tylenol I got is Acetaminophen (obv!!, LOL) and Diphenhydramine. I am trying to sit up for a little while today, because when I first got up a few minutes ago I felt dizzy, etc. Prob due to me laying down so much. I had an apptmt with my cardio down here but had to reschedule, because I don't think I could have driven there. I have an apptmt with my PCP NP tomorrow for the paper work so I can get ins!!!! So, I am going to ask her to look at my throat and ear. I was wondering if this would cause the SOB I have had lately but I don't really think so...THanks for all the tips! They are very much apppreciated :P