new to the forum

shannon

Hi! My name is Shannon, and I am new to the forum. It really is a great feeling to know that I am not alone....or crazy. I'm 20 years old, and I've been dealing with POTS for about 4 or 5 years (my symptoms are sort of difficult to trace back). Still, when someone asks me to explain what POTS is, I don't even know where to begin. That's why DINET and this forum are so wonderful. It is one of the very few places where I feel that I can say "POTS"...and there are no confused looks. I finally feel understood. Thanks so much for sharing your stories---they've been an inspiration. I plan on posting mine sometime soon.

Take care!

Shannon

*POTS, chronic migrains

*Mestinon, Topamax

Edited by shannon

I'm so glad you found us Shannon. I know I felt a huge relief when I found this forum too. The information and friends you will make here are invaluable. Some of us come and go or may not feel like posting all the time, but trust me, you will find ample support here whenever you need it.

As far as having trouble explaining POTs to people, you may want to order some POTS brochures that were produced by members of the board. They present POTS in a simplified manner that's easy for anyone to read and understand. The brochures are great for friends, family and even doctors.

I hope there are still some left. Does anyone know if there are?? Each member gets a dozen free. Here's the link to order them...

http://www.dinet.org/memberbrochures.htm

Best wishes and welcome!

Gena

Welcome Shannon, you have come to the right place for support and information. There is a great bunch of people here with some mighty big shoulders. Yes it is good to have somewhere to go to for someone who understands what you are going through. Also you can order brochures from this website that will actually help your friends and family understand what you are going through. I ordered them and they have helped a lot. Sorry that you had to join our little group, but at least you are not alone anymore. Mrs. Glass :)

Hi! My name is Shannon, and I am new to the forum. It really is a great feeling to know that I am not alone....or crazy. I'm 20 years old, and I've been dealing with POTS for about 4 or 5 years (my symptoms are sort of difficult to trace back). Still, when someone asks me to explain what POTS is, I don't even know where to begin. That's why DINET and this forum are so wonderful. It is one of the very few places where I feel that I can say "POTS"...and there are no confused looks. I finally feel understood. Thanks so much for sharing your stories---they've been an inspiration. I plan on posting mine sometime soon.

Take care!

Shannon

*POTS, chronic migrains

*Mestinon, Topamax