Monday, I am Off to Cleveland!

AJVDK

Well I am off to Cleveland, Ohio on Monday at 6 somthing so we have to be at the airport at 4:30 pm :) I am not a am person. O'well hopfully I will sleep on the plane. My son and husband are coming too. We will be out most of the week we are coming back on Saturday. I am going to be seeing Dr. Fetnat Founad-Tarazi. I am worried about going out there as this is kind of the last hope of finding somthing that works. I just want somone to listne to me, and understand somthing more than I do about POTS which is not a hole lot. I just want to find some form of treatment that is going to work for me better then whats been going on. Maybe I am hoping for too much. I just want to get back to "normal" I know there no such thing, but I just want to beable to feel better that I do now. I am not sure if that right or not but am just wanting to feel better.

At least the trip will give my son and husband time to spend together. It seems like anymore we are always going or I am flat on my back. :) Thought I would give an update and check the boards I can sleep, just uptight and worried!

Good Night all my Pot Friends! :lol:

Amy

Hi ya amy..

I wish you well in cleveland.. the doc you are seeing she is good and she is thurough too..tell her everything.. about prior testing.. medical history.. symptoms.. the whole kitten caboodle...

She may want to repeat some test that you have already had done.. just so she can get accurate results... I know that she did this to me..(she repeated my Tilt test)

I hope that you get the answers that you are looking for.. good luck to you..

Linda

Best of luck to you in Cleveland. I agree that they are very thorough in their testing. Please don't go there hoping for the miracle cure though, the odds are you will be disappointed. You will gain alot of information on your condition though and they are very knowledgeable. I don't mean to sound like the voice of doom and gloom, just trying to save you from the huge letdown I felt when they didn't have the miracle cure

Hi Amy,

Well good luck getting up at that time, and good luck at Cleveland. Dr. Fouad was a good listiner to me, and most of the time with her meds, she has helped me.

Hopefully she will beable to help you too. Let us know how things go. Again, GOOD LUCK :huh:

Tracy

Guest Julia59

Good Lucky Amy!

You may not find a cure---but you will probably get a lot better management of your symptoms. I heard from Dr. Venesy the PT doctor they have rehab for POTS at the Cleveland Clinic-----I just found that out on my trip there on the 7th. I will be there on the 24th to see a neurosurgeon, and they also scheduled me with their POTS physical therapist.

Unfortunately the PT could not see me until 4:00pm, and my appoint with the NSG in 7:00am------ :huh:

I wish you the best of luck----and hope you get better treatment to manage your symptoms better.

Julie :0)

Good luck in Cleveland. The doctors there diagnosed me a little over 2 years ago. I just got back from Cleveland and had my annual check up with Dr. Fouad. She will listen to you and do the appropriate testing but she is a bit difficult to understand. I wish you all the luck in the world, please let us know how it goes.

Susan

Well I am getting ready and getting packed today, we have to leave our house way to early in the am. My son is trying to take all of his toys :blink: , we will turn 4 this week while we are in ohio. I feel bad he got to spend it with mom this way. This will be the 1st year my son is not in the hosptial for his b-day. Balke was born early (8 weeks early, and got a hard start to the world, form many hospital stays to last oct. and nov, we spend 27 day in childrens hospital here he had a baseball sive mass re move from the side of his left lung. Blake recover very well and we thank god everyday it was no cancer. So I feel bad that his is b-day that we can all be together, mom has to go for test, so I am hoping well have time to go to the zoo or sothing and that I will feel up to it! We fly out on monday and my 1st day of test is tuesday, form there we don't know whats going to take place as it depeads on what the doctor want to. be are flying back on saturday. I am just hoping for a good trip to find some answers and get to spent so much needed time with my husband and son!

Thanks for all your support! Well got to finsh packing and getting ready. Plus con my son on leaving mose of his toys! :)

Have a great week, and I will miss you all!

Amy

amy -

i hope things go well with your travels & appts. i'll be thinking of you!

:blink: melissa

p.s. considering his age blake may see the trip as a bit of a birthday adventure...as long as you all hype it up as such, he'll probably make a good time of the whole thing!