Up late venting

Dizzy Dame

Hey guys,

I know that alot of us have been really sick lately, so I feel a little guilty. But, I'm up, and sick, and nervous about being sick so here I am.

It was my bradycardia that started it. I was settling down for bed, trying to go to sleep when I began to feel like I wasn't getting enough air. I know that's usually a sign that something's wrong, so I felt my radial pulse. It was so weak I wasn't able to get it and I actually had a moment where I thought my heart had stopped.

I bolted up, and my heart began racing in my chest (so I guess it's healthy at least). But then the dizziness and chest pain from the tachy set in. Right now I'm staying with my elderly grandparents, who both have high blood pressure, so waking them up isn't an option. If I want to go to the ER, I'll have to call an ambulance...so that's not going to happen.

So I'm sitting here, dizzy when I sit or stand because of tachy, and dizzy when I lay down because of brady. (I've clocked my heart at 49 laying and 128 sitting...I'm sure it's much higher when I stand.) Gosh, this is like cardiac manic depression ;) !

I know that everyone here has been in my place before, that being sick stinks, and it's somehow never easier no matter how long I have these episodes: each one scares the crap out of me.

I know that I'm not going to die from this... but geez, I hate feeling this off all the time ;) .

Well, I feel a little better now that I've been able to get some of this stuff off my chest. I'll probably be up all night though, it's too creepy feeling my heart sink when I lay down. Maybe I will think more about that pacemaker...

Hope all of you are sleeping better tonight.

- Lauren

Lauren,

I'm sorry you are feeling nervous; I think I understand and I can relate. Too bad you weren't closer to Marietta. I'd say "come on over and we can stay up together" ;)

Not trying to discourage you but I have a pacemaker and I still have what you are describing. My heart rate will not go below 50 now but it will go from around 100 to 50 in a matter of a second or two and then shoot up to 150. My experience is that a pacemaker won't stop these issues though it would lessen how low your heart rate would go. Also, that feeling of not getting air that you describe may be your bp. I also have that but in my case it's my BP either dropping or sky-rocketing.

Sometimes it helps me to try to get my mind focused off of my body. Sometimes TV will work, sometimes I have to write, come on this board or do some paperwork...something that keeps my hands busy yet doesn't over exert me.

Hope you feel better soon and are able to get some sleep

Lauren,

I'm sorry you are feeling nervous; I think I understand and I can relate. Too bad you weren't closer to Marietta. I'd say "come on over and we can stay up together"  B)

Not trying to discourage you but I have a pacemaker and I still have what you are describing. My heart rate will not go below 50 now but it will go from around 100 to 50 in a matter of a second or two and then shoot up to 150. My experience is that a pacemaker won't stop these issues though it would lessen how low your heart rate would go. Also, that feeling of not getting air that you describe may be your bp. I also have that but in my case it's my BP either dropping or sky-rocketing.

Sometimes it helps me to try to get my mind focused off of my body. Sometimes TV will work, sometimes I have to write, come on this board or do some paperwork...something that keeps my hands busy yet doesn't over exert me.

Hope you feel better soon and are able to get some sleep

Thanks pooh,

It's too bad that none of us can really drive, otherwise I'm sure we'd all see eachother often ;) . And thanks for the suggestions, I'm watching the show "bridezillas" right now, and it seems to be taking my mind off my racing heart.

Thanks so much for your thoughts ;) ,

Lauren

I guess it is a night for not sleeping but just wanted to send you some support and say I understand.

Hopeing you are feeling a bit better and are asleep!

Stacey :-)

HI Dizzy, et al,

I just wanted to say I'm right there with you! Very low BP, brady, then tachy, chest pain, dizzy and incredible headache tonight. Wish I could sleep through the night. My body could really use it. Well, I'm hoping the sandman will visit us this week and give us all some much needed rest and will put our symptoms at bay for a while. I am ready to get out of this hole!! ;)

Hugs,

Gena

Lauren..

Hi I am so sorry that you are feeling so crappy... I am sending you some cyber hugs and comfort!! :P

I have felt how you are feeling.. and I know that its not a good feeling.....

I had to laugh over your cardia manic depression.. it struck me as funny..

Anyways Lauren I am sorry that you are feeling so pooorly.. and hope that you feel better today.. and were able to get alittle sleep...

HUGS

Linda

Thanks guys, I eventually got to sleep at around 6am. I had dreams there was a demon sitting on my chest (I guess I was having symptoms in my sleep that affected my dreams :P ).

I also hope everyone got some sleep as well. I think the worst time to become symptomatic is late at night, but it seems to happen for me more frequently than any other time.

Oh, and Dizzy, I laughed at myself over the "cardiac manic-depression", but on some levels it's a pretty accurate name :)

Cheers,

Lauren :)

Living in our bodies is a daily fight. I don?t like to let my body get the best of me. I must be honest I cant believe that one body can produce so many problems. I personally watch my body in amazement and wonder what it?s going to get up to next. One thing is for sure that it gets bored quickly and moves on to something new. I often have many small problems and then one big problem for a good few months. At the moment I have chronic bladder infections. Its like my body does not want to get over it. The only comfort is that it will get bored and start something new sooner or later. I have battled with my health for > 10 years. The best two things I have done for myself is to educate myself and find peace. Spend more time talking to us. We all go through the same problems. Read and read and read. On all our problems. This knowledge gives me power when my body gets up to all its tricks. The other part, which I have, is peace. I have made peace with my health and accept it as it comes. I try to laugh allot as I just cant believe all my problems. I don?t know what you believe but what ever works for you hold on to that. I have spent allot of time talking to my priest and he has help me find peace with all of these things in my life. Maybe you can find someone to talk to you, what ever your believes are.

I worry about the fear you express. These things are not in our hands. With pots bodies we are going to have many years of horrible experiences to overcome. Trust me it even gets scarier when you deal with un educated doctors. :P

from one dizzy to another dizzy...

I understand your experience of having symptoms even when you are sleeping... :P

I often dream about passing out cold in my dreams... and when I wake up my body will feel like I passed out..

I hope that you are feeling better today... and please feel free to email me anytime you want to talk.. I'll PM you my info..

hang in there... and pray that you get a functional good day or night where you can feel alittle bit better.. thye do come however far and few between they come..

I truly cherish my good days... they give you hope..

Hgs to you

Linda

Also, I happen to be reading biographies of women who lived in the late 1700's to the early 1800's, and we think we have problems?

Let me tell you. Those poor folks had no clue about anything. It seems that way to me anyway. Back then, if you felt bad or got sick, good luck.. or maybe they had an herb or folk remedy or bled you with leeches. Chances are you were down for the count for weeks or months.

In any event, I think we've come to expect that modern science (i.e. medicine) has all the answers. And the truth is, we do have more answers than we used to but they do not have all the answers for us.

Any time you feel down about the fact that you are having symptoms and don't have the answers, remember those poor folks back in the 1800's. Obviously, some of them survived or we wouldn't be here.

We'll survive too. We just have to realize that we won't feel good very often and we won't know why or what to do about it. Welcome to the land of the living!

:):):P:)