Some more strange symptoms

bamagirl

Hi guys, I just wondered if any of you out there every get episodes where your face, on one side or the other, tingles or goes numb? Also I often get chills, gooseflesh and sometimes my teeth will actually chatter after a tachy epidose. It scares my husband because I will be shaking so bad and my teeth will chatter and he will ask if I am cold and I will say "no, I just can't stop shaking and chattering".

These things are really weird. Today I felt like I was losing my hearing in my left ear. It has happened before & it gets better after a few days? Thanks for your replies. Knowing this is something that just happens sometimes with this disorder brings me comfort. Take care everyone :wub:

I've had the teeth chattering and whole body shaking after bad tachy/adrenaline rush episodes on several occasions (although hasn't happened for many months, knock on wood! :o ) I've also had a tingly/numb feeling on one side of my face for a few days, but it's always gone away. Unless it's a symptom that persists for a long time or causes me a lot of pain, I've learned not to worry about these weird and wacky symptoms! :blink:

you are not alone! :wub:

Gena

Hi bamagirl,

I thought it was just me! I usually get the shakes when I'm hypo (I usually get tachy as well). My mother says that my hands actually get cold to the touch when this happens. I usually shake for a few minutes (sometimes so hard that I have a difficult time breathing). I've learned that lots of warm blankets usually bring me back around.

What you're going through sounds different though, since you don't feel cold. I'm not a doctor, but I'd be willing to bet it's a bp thing.

Anyway, you're not alone. I guess the shakes are just another wierd symptom of POTS (how come all of the symptoms seem to be wierd and random :rolleyes: )

Take care,

Lauren :lol:

I don't see all these symptoms as weird or random at all. If the autonomic nervous system is involved in it, there's a chance POTS will affect it.

The autonomic/endocrine systems in the body are what I personally consider to be the biggest design flaw we have. They are so easy to mess up, as we all know.

Edited by MightyMouse

• 4 years later...

i have the face going numb on one side thing that comes and goes. i had it today with a wopper of a migraine.

bellamia~

I don't know how to deal with them... but I get really shaky episodes, usually accompanied with numbness of my mouth and throat with shortness of breath. I usually get shaky before a big POTS crash, though it has happened before with smaller crashes. Just last week at church, I had to stand for awhile, but got really shaky so I sat down, yet I was really shaky even on the 45 minute drive home. It seems to come in waves, like I can't stop shaking for a few minutes, then it'll calm down for a few minutes, and then gets bad again.... etc. Sometimes I'll have a myoclonic jerk thrown in for good measure.