Just a little celebration

toward that Ph.D...

I just finished writing my last paper for the summer session... AHHhhhhhHHhh. Feels great. Now I have one presentation to do tomorrow and a final on Thursday.

This summer semester started on very shaky ground for me, with me freaking out about having Lupron induced tachy episodes, and wondering if I could do it. You all helped bolster my spirit...and so I thought I should share with you that I got throught it. I'm expecting two A's :)

Also, I did a lot, lot better doing my work ahead of the deadlines; that way I don't mess up my sleep schedule and pour all sorts of adrenaline into my viens in the wee hours of the morning. As evidence of that, I've already finished studying for the test on Thursday :)

Now I get about 2 weeks off before I start the whole thing all over again for the Fall...and also go back to work. Right now, though, I'm feeling content and hope that you can share in some of that with me.

Nina

What an accomplishment! Finishing that last paper and expecting two A's is a wonderful feeling. It's even more satisfying when you know you've done it in spite of health obstacles. Sounds like a lot of discipline went into your study habits too. Best of luck on the presentation...those always send my heart a thumpin'. :)

Kristen

I know of few greater feelings than turning in that final paper.... (unless it is turning in that final final!!) Congratulations, Nina! You are an inspiration!

Carmen

Nina,

I think by now you know how much I love to hear these success stories. They're what's giving me hope. So I want to congratulate you on what you achieved so far, you really are an example for all of us. And all of us who aren't able to work get hope out of this (at least I do :) ). Thanks very much for sharing this, and again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Corina

go nina, go nina, go nina (sounds much better with the the right intonation...you'll have to use your imagination!)

it's always good to hear the "good stuff" along with the struggles.

knowing how you've managed with the school stuff is helping me as i'm about to embark myself. thanks!

and...many congrats :D

:) melissa

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling a bit overtired tonight, but I just have the exam tomorrow and then I can sleep late for a few days and relish in having nothing to do. :D Lois, I wish I could go on a quick vacation, but we have no cash for that right now. We're saving to go back to Mexico for Christmas again this year. In the mean time, I'll need to find a way to mimic the peace, tranquility and beauty of that place... well... it will be as hot as Mexico here this weekend. Close enough :)

My Ph.D. is an interdepartmental degree, with about equal content coming from Educational Psychology and Special Education. Within my content, I also have a specialization in Applied Behavior Analysis, having completed all the coursework for the ABA masters. My program is 90 credits, and I have completed 60 so far including this summer's work. I anticipate another 2 years before I'm completely done, but I actually have 3 years if I need it.

Nina