Posting for poohbear

Guest Julia59

Guest Julia59

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know I heard from Poohbear today----there was a message on my phone when my husband and I got home tonight.

She said she was having a difficult time and had to be admitted to the hospital, but also told me to tell you all not to worry as it looks like she is holding up OK. She asked me to post for her as she does not have access to a computer.

She mentioned she was having some of the POTS heart issues again, but I didn't really get a lot of details. I will talk with her tomorrow, and hopefully be able to give you all an update on her condition.

I'm sending prayers----- and well wishes her way. :rolleyes:

Julie :0)

Julie,

thank you so mcuh for letting us know poohbear is in the hospital.. havent seen her on the board latley.. I hope that she is doing allright, as well as can be expected with pots that is.. please let her know I am thinking of her and wishing her a spedy recovery..

sending HUGS her way..

dizzygirl

julie-

thanks for letting us know.

pooh-

sending hugs & smiles & prayers & happy thoughts your way. and a big pot of honey...either for you or to help sweeten up the docs/nurses. hang in there...

:-)melissa

Guest Julia59

I spoke with Poohbear on the phone last night and she appreciates all your support.

She is holding up OK----She went into the hospital due to heart rate control issues and more syncope. She said she was not able to stand up long enough to brush her teeth without passing out.

Hopefully someone will help her get stabilized.

Sending prayers and HUGS your way Poohbear.

Julie :0)

Here's my words for Poohbear:

HOPE YOU'RE BACK SOON BABOON!!!! :)

I sooooo miss you here and I had noticed you weren't posting. I am so glad that you called Julie and she could post and let us know that you were in the hospital...but I wish you weren't in l'hopital! Ugh!!!! I do hope you will be feeling better soon and more stable and able to come home...

We miss you! TTFN! :)

Emily

We wondered where

You were, dear Poohbear.

Poor Pooh, Poor You.

Our friend we value.

Refill your honey jug.

I send you a little hug.

Deb

Poohbear,

I'm very sorry you're in the hospital! I hope you'll do better soon and be home as soon as possible!!!

Sending good thoughts your way!!!

Warm wishes,

Corina

btw: Deb, I LOVE your little poem!

and Emily, would you be so kind to let me know what a baboon is? I've been wondering for more than a week now!!!

Hi everybody!! Thank you so much for your well wishes and caring thoughts/words; it means more than words could ever express!!! :)

I am home from the hospital. I didn't have good care there and ran into Dr's whose Ego's were mighty big considering most of them had never even heard of dysautonomia before. The good that came out of it though was the social worker came in and they have been a HUGE help! I am getting set up for some physical therapy, in-home social worker, they got me a shower chair and delivered it to my house. I'm hoping to go to the mobility store tomorrow and pick out a wheelchair.

It's hard for me....I will turn 37 on Monday and it's hard to face the reality that I'm having to resort to using a wheelchair as young as I am. I feel "old" using the shower chair, wheelchair etc. I know there are people my age who have debilitating illness....I just don't want to be one of them and I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that I truly do need these tools and aides right now.

I go tomorrow to see my cardiologist (he was 35-40 miles south of where I live and the day I went to the ER I was too weak to get down there). I'm anxious about the appt and not sure they are understanding how much need I have. I don't want them to think I'm giving up by requesting and using these devices.

The hospital Dr says I need to get to Vanderbilt. He thinks even though I have been to Mayo that Vanderbilt will take more interest and want to follow me. Vandy is about 4 hours away so it's the closest to me. My brother graduated from Vandy (do you think they will give "priority" to family members of alumni :) --probably not but it would be nice).

So...I will try to catch up with everyone when I am able. At the moment my life is complete chaos. My house sold and I'm closing in about 2 1/2 weeks so I have yet to start packing (still don't know how to manage that when I'm barely able to sit up!). I had to give up the 3rd floor apt and a 1 bedroom ground floor will not open until the end of Oct so I have to find someplace to live the next 2 1/2 months and right now I don't have a place to go to.

I had some people from church move my air mattress downstairs so right now I don't get upstairs often. We tried to move my computer downstairs but for some reason I'm not getting a DSL signal from the jacks downstairs. I'm not paying someone to fix it since I'm only here for two more weeks.

That being said....I may not be able to communicate with you guys as much the next couple of weeks until I move and can get situated where everything is accessible to me again.

I do miss everyone though and wanted to update you. I'll do my best to keep you posted and catch up with everyone soon.