SHAKING TREMORS ANYONE ELSE ????

Help4Me

Hello one of my main and worst symptoms of Dysautonomia is severe shaking and tremors...and I am wondering if anyone else has this too.....I am thinking it is food related or when my vagus nerve gets bothered by food in my stomach  ??? I don't know but it is horrible......I get these internal shakes that are like tremors....and my outside shakes too especially when I am having a bad Pots day....Please anyone if you have this symptom tell me ...also tell me if you know of a way to stop it...thanks 

@Help4Me Hi there. I too get those internal tremors you're talking about - usually only in my right hand/arm. I also get muscle twitches/tremors all the time too. I can't find anything that really triggers any of these, they seem to happen on good and bad POTS days, but I find laying down and relaxing and removing myself from environmental stimuli seems to help a bit. I recently experienced a convulsing (I won't say seizure because it wasn't exactly confirmed) episode a few weeks ago when I had a really bad flare up of symptoms. Unfortunately it was just something that had to run it's course and it finally passed.

It seems the consensus here is to lay down and relax when your tremors happen - I'm sure they can cause you a great amount of stress and anxiety which in turn will just make it worse! Try crawling under the covers, putting on some music or watching a show until it passes. Best wishes, hope you are feeling better! 

Sometimes my daughter takes melatonin if they persist.  She can also get bad tremors as well, which takes something a bit stronger to control.  Hers are most likely due to her severe myofascial and muscle spasms from her c-spine fusion last year.  If you have things like that, a warm rice sock helps tremendously.  Also, if you have pain that's uncontrolled,  that's a definite trigger for her as well.  It's miserable, though.  Hope you can get this calmed down soon.

I get these shakes as well and usually I also get cold hands/feet/nose with them. Sometimes they lead to syncope or seizures but if I lie down as soon as they happen they can improve by themselves. In my case they are caused by excessive sympathetic overcompensation, in other words a sudden burst of adrenaline. 

Yes.  That is when I knew something was really wrong.  I was in PT walking very slowly on a treadmill when it started.  I couldn't stop and they laid me down, but I was shaking so hard for so long they called an ambulance.  Resolved on its own by the time I got to the hospital.  I do what the above posters do, cover up and rest.  They are scary, though.  They didn't kill me, and that is what is important to know.  Just our crazy bodies acting badly!

Yes, I get the shakes, too. It's really no fun! Sometimes, my teeth chatter because I am shaking so much.

I recall one episodes where it felt like I was having convulsions.

I second what folks have said above: sit down (or lay down, better yet) wrap a blanket around you, and — if you can manage to make it at the time — drink something warm. Just to bring some comfort to yourself, whilst the adrenaline works its way out of your system.