Is 88/53 A Low Blood Pressure?

artluvr09

I went to church and felt fine. Just tired after not sleeping well last night. Then we came home had crab legs. Then I started not feeling good. Weak lightheaded foggy brain trouble thinking. I was worrying that I was getting a migraine. Thankfully that was not the case. I then checked my blood pressure and it was 88/53 and my pulse was 75. Now an hour later at 3:30 I still feel crappy and I checked my bp again and it is 87/61 and my pulse was 77. I don't know if it is lower or not since the bottom number is higher than before. I don't know how to raise my blood pressure. I am trying to drink more and I have been eating a lot of salt this week I even had saltines today.

Also another weird thing happened. I could not sleep last night. I didn't get to sleep until 2 am and I woke up at 8 to get ready for church but as I was trying to fall asleep I kept feeling my heart beat fast in my chest and it felt weird. I usually don't get tachycardia at night unless I have a fever which im not sick. I've been on a beta blocker for a year now and that makes my bp lower but its usually fine in the 90s/60s. But today its lower :/.

Is my blood pressure considered low? what do you guys do to help your low bp?

Yes this is a low blood pressure. Tyer's has dropped down to 74/56 and he is really dizzy. I give Tyler more fluids (g2) and a salty snack when it hits. He also has the sleepless nights and will toss and turn. If you can check your heart rate during those times it might be helpful information for your doctor.

I, too, am on a beta blocker and at times get bp in the 80s/50s or even a little lower. I seem to have a run of a few days like that at a time and I get weak(er) lightheaded, and lethargic. Fluids, eating foods high in potassium, and extra salt and magnesium first thing in the morning seems to help, walking around a little bit helps too. Other than that I just I seem to have to wait it out.

If it stays low it might be worth a doctor visit for a medicaiton adjustment.

Yes, it is low. My bp at times can drop to 72/50. Then I feel really lousy, dizzy, faint, foggy. Lots of fluids, lying down, of course salt, can really help. Everyone is different on how they react to different pressures. Sometimes I feel lousy when it's 85, sometimes I'm okay. Does position affect it at all? When I stand up when it's low, I feel the worst. That's when lying down really helps.

I agree that a medication adjustment might be in order.

That is quite low. My lowest measured while still conscious and standing (but shaking, sweating and feeling horrible) was 30/--. That's right. Just 30 over unmeasurable. I hope I never get that low again! I was off of all my meds in order to participate in testing.

My blood pressure tends to drop that low or a little lower every night. Sometimes I feel awful...dizzy, tingling extremities, pounding headache. Other times it doesn't bother me. The only thing that helps it is standing up and moving around. My BP will generally rise immediately with standing. It seems like a lot of other people have the opposite problem and their BP drops when they stand. My Dr doesn't seem concerned that it drops that low though, but it's probably worth mentioning to your Dr if it continues. I also take a beta blocker.

Yes, that is low. Most people will feel bad at that reading. That said, I was 80/54 at my cardio appointment last week, and my doctor wasn't concerned at all. I normally feel a little "off" and can tell when my upper number is in the mid-80's. However, that day, I felt completly fine at that low reading. Usually, when I feel like my pressure is low, I drink a Propel and have a salty snack. I usually feel better within 20-30 minutes. I'm also on a low dose beta blocker.