Really Wierd Heart Palpitation. Not Like The Usual

Today I had a weird heart palpitation. I was just sitting on my bed after dinner playing a game on my tablet and all of a sudden I get a palpitation where it feels like my heart drops real quick and comes back up and it also felt like a butterfly or something. but then after that palpitation 4 really strong slow pounding heart beats beat against my chest like it almost felt like it was going to burst out but it was slow not fast. that was the strangest palpitation I have ever had. Has anyone else gotten one like that? usually it just flutters like a quick drop but this was weird. I have a cardiology appointment on Friday for my usual 6 month check up so I will tell him about it but I want to know if any of you had this weird feeling.

just a suggestion here, but any time you have something heart related that is not normal *for you*, you should probably consider seeing a doctor about it; especially if it happens more than once.

Exactly! when I had palpitations before I had a king of hearts monitor and it showed nothing. but this one was weird!! I am going to the cardiologist on Friday for my usual check up so I will ask him about it as well. and exactly! my normal ones feel like flip flops as well!

I get what you described and recently I've gotten some "palpitations" that are concerning me as well. Most of them never actually physically hurt but only feel weird and concerning but lately I've had them periodically and they actually physically hurt. Has anyone else experienced those?

Andybonse..... how can you personally tell the difference between pvs's and pac's, just curious, I thought maybe I could learn to tell the difference too.

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I have had many weird heart palpitations, pounding, what feels like worms, butterflies etc. These were most prominent when tapering up or down on Beta-blocker, although pounding heart symptoms come at higher heart rates. (actually except when running my HR can go very high and does not feel like it is pounding until it gets far above normal HR-i.e far above calculated max.) I feel like the running is raising it in a good way or something-meaning good in that my body is benefiting at the time from it, rather than reacting to it, but of course who knows.