Uugghh! Now An Upper Endoscopy! All Due To Low Iron

I just had this done! I was totally freaking out but it was fine. I fainted getting the IV (lol) and I told the anesthesiologist I have POTS so he gave me extra fluids. My stomach and throat were sore for several days after, but just uncomfortable not painful.

Good luck!

Ps I showed gastritis too... My follow up is on Monday.

It's really easy, I have had four. I asked for zofran and they gave me extra IV fluids and it was fine. :) My second one showed an ulcer/ lactose intolerance but the rest showed nothing.

Ive had 3 or 4 done. And its nothing to worry about! its easy, no serious prep like a colonoscpoy. I havent had it done for that reason, mine have all been GI related symptoms. The docs will give you meds and you wont remeber a thing and feel pretty good after ;) Have you ever had these types of meds before? The first time they didnt make me feel good (lightheaded and neasous) but when i told the doc that they gave me other meds for that and everyone since has been good!

Good Luck! Hope you get answers :)

I've had it done because of iron deficiency anemia. It showed stomach inflammation, nothing else. I've done endoscopy without an anesthesia, because I was scared how my body is gonna react to it. It was uncomfortable but not painful. I was on IV saline, which I'm sure helped. For me colonoscopy was worse. My iron level improved after digestion improved (gluten free, modified diet, digestive enzymes) and with 4 months on iron supplement.

Good luck to you!

I just had one done two weeks ago for gastroparesis. Really easy. I remember the doc telling me he was going to put something in my mouth to keep it open, then nada. Next thing I remember is getting a juice box in the recovery room.

No side effects, other than being really loopy/tired for the rest of the day - more so than I usually am, haha. A little into the next day too, but I could still go to work.