Chapped Lips/ ACNE

DSM3KIDZ

Since I've had POTS my lips have been so chapped and dry I think they are going to fall off. Does anyone have problems with this? I have bought every product there is and still nothing works. I don't know if it's the POTS or not. I've never had this before. Also I am 28 and look like a teenager because of all the break outs my face has. That is also new. I used to get complemented on my complection now I'm getting like I want to hide with combination of chapped lips and acne............. :(

Is this part of POTS?

Dayna

I have always had a slight problem with chapped lips. I didn't notice this get worse with my POTS developing/getting worse, however. Nor did it improve as my POTS improved. I have to use lip balm all the time. Ones with beeswax work really well for me.

Are you certain it is acne and not rosacea (sp?). Rosacea is an autoimmune condition of the skin. I have it. It can be controlled well with medicated cleanser. You might want to see a dermatologist to evaluate it. Mine flares up with exposure to the sun. It was bad when my POTS was bad. I believe it responds to hormonal changes too, in my case.

Katherine

POTS is often related to adrenal/endocrine malfunctioning, (this system produces most of our hormones) - so it may be possible that your hormones are just really out of whack right now.

My face broke out for a few months right after I got POTs, but once my hormones calmed down, my face went back to normal. I've always had a problem with chapped lips even pre-POTS.

Sorry you're experiencing this. I know it's frustrating. :(

Gena

I started having really bad acne when I crashed 4 years ago. I just started on prescription medication for it (2 months ago) and now my skin is baby soft. I saw the dermatologist and he told me that I will probably have to take it for the rest of my life.

Ernie

My lips are absolutely always chapped, and have been since I was a toddler. I don't think it has anything to do with POTS, since I didn't have POTS until I was 27.

I find that using Kiehl's lip balm or Aveda Lip Saver are the only two that work. In a pinch I will also use Burt's Bees lip balm.

Amy

Guest Mary from OH

Chapped lips-

You may very well be allergic to one or more ingredients in them. For example, I am allergic to LANOLIN. It is in almost EVERY lip treatment and lotioon. You need to do a process of elimination type thing. The other common ingredient that there is frequent allergies too is the sunscreens they put in the lipbalms. I am allergic to OXYBENZONE. Again, it is frequently in ALL of them. You need to read labels carefully and figure out if it's an allergy. My guess is that it is. Good luck!!

Acne-

Can't help you. Still have major problems myself!! LOL!

I was just going to ask about complexion problems.. I am 46 and have never had a problem with breakouts, all of the sudden I am having these (sorry for detailed description) large bumps starting way under the skin that take days to erupt. They are large and everywhere. I was wondering if it was POTS or the meds or what. My menstrul cycle has had influence over the years but just a pimple once in a while. WoW What does Roseaca look like?

Keeping all of you in my thoughts!

AMy

well, i'm a mary kay lady, so i'm partial to mary kay...they also have a lip balm and a lip mask (sounds like the lip scuff steph desribed)...and i can't live without these.

yes, my lips are always chapped too and i have to have my lip balm everywhere. might try that kiehl's you all like!

interesting what mary said about being allergic to ingredients you would never suspect!

as for acne...i have never had too much of a problem...as long as i use something that doesn't bother my skin...(okay, yes, mary kay) it's the only thing i can tolerate.

BUT...i did get horrible acne stuff in the past year or so...those horrible ones that someone described...the ones that are HUGE AND HURT LIKE HECK. even my mo said, emily those are gross! but, i only got them on my chin.

anyway, the point is...ugh, i forgot how to use my brevity...

i kept thinking they were not acne, even though the dermatologist said, oh you have adult acne all of the sudden. i was using metrogel to no avail.

i was convinced that it was related to my GI stuff and feeling 'toxic' all of the time.

i know this may sound out there.

but, after i got my gallbladder out...they all completley disappeared! gone, no problems.

the first two months i was so sick after surgery i rarely even got my face washed and rarely with cleanser and didn't get single zit! and still, clear as can be.

i just had to chime in b/c it was so remarkable to me how the GB made my whole body so sick.

emily

• 1 year later...
Guest dionna

i know i am bringing this one up well after a year's time but i am having a hard time fighting my acne and chapped lips so i did the search. i know that there have been a lot of new joins and i was wondering if anyone else has had anything help them with the acne or chapped lips. thank you.

dionna B)

Thanks for pushing this one up again Dionna!! I was about to post a question myself! :blink:

I've developed one of those deep painful "pimples" on my chin...just like emily described...and I have no idea what to do untill it finally comes to a head so to speak. It hurts like crazy!!! I'm lucky in that I usually don't have acne and when I do it quickly goes away.

I searched for acne info. on other sites but all they list for tx. is the otc topical stuff..would that help when it's still so deep? Any other suggestions on how to make this bugger less painful? Help!!

Emily!

I'm a Mary Kay lady too :blink:

I have to tell you, I have had problems with my skin forever. I have tried product after product! The cleanser Mary Kay has is the only one I have found that has worked for me. But I have to make sure to wash my face 2x a day for it to work. And I also love the lip mask and balm, as long as they are not cracked, it leaves your lips nice and smooth!

Ok, I have a question also.

I get these little tiny dry, itchy patches of skin...sometimes with little blister like pimples? (hard to describe)

I thought it was exzema? But I have not seen a derm, so?

Thanks and wishing you all luck!

Amber