Dreams?

Yep! I actually think it's the other way around for me though. If I have a vivid dream (especially a nightmare) it takes a looooong time for my heart rate to go back down and it makes me feel sicker. Probably the adrenaline?

Ya, I do. When my POTS is acting up like right now my dreams are much more vivid and bad nightmares. Also my insomnia kicks in so when I do sleep it's not a good sleep.

If any of you are on anti depressants (SSRI's or SNRI's) they can be a big cause of very vivid dreams and nightmares! I just tapered both of my daughters off of Prozac due to this side effect! They were having horribly violent nightmares/ night terrors. Many times about killing themselves or killing others- terrible!!!

Now that the meds are out of their system, the nightmares are gone! My 16 years old is the POTSie and has always had dreams, which has not changed, but the terrible nightmares are now gone And the dreams are not quite so vivid.

I have this to some degree. It seems to definitely coincide with my other sleep disturbances ...nighttime insomnia and daytime hypersomnia. It is often dreams of me being chased and killed. Then I wake up having a panic attack and have to take time to figure out if it's really happening or if I just woke up from a nightmare. When I tried prescription sleep meds they helped me fall asleep but caused me to have night terrors about 2-4 hours after taking the dose. The panic I woke up to often wouldn't allow me to get back to sleep or if I did fall asleep I would fall right back into the night terror. I was ending up with less sleep in the end so I stopped using the meds (we tried different brands but they all caused this issue.)

Yes, I get this too. Sometimes bad/nightmare type dreams, sometimes it just feels like I dream all night. It's hard because you feel like you don't get a good nights sleep.

It went away as I got better last time, and came back again with this latest crash.

YES! I get terrible nightmares (always involves death or my heart) when I feel worse. They are so vivid that I sometimes can't remember if it was truly lived or not. For instance, I had a dream that involved chest pains and didn't know if chest pains were real and I incorporated them in my dream or if it was just a dream about chest pains. Are you following me? :blink: