New Video, Doctor Making Claim On Dysautonomia 'cure'

kitt

Very interesting.... Looks like it's in the study stage...I'll have to read about this smart doctor and pass the info on... : ) Thanks for posting. I hope it's a miracle cure for all one day.

I Googled him and it took me to his other website with more information... The link you posted didn't really have info about about what he was talking about. I've always thought MS, Parkinson's and POTS were all similar in many ways. If you Google the procedure it brings up a more detailed page with a newsletter and video. So, I would guess that the above video may be older, as when they were doing testing on people.

I find it interesting,and wonder if my doctor has heard of this and what he may think of this. I would like to know more, long term how well this has worked out. I'll have to keep an eye on this guy and see what happens in the future. Will these clinics open up across the country? If they are really as good as they say they are, I think they will.

I think we are going to see many different types of dysautonomia clinics popping up here and there claiming to cure people. Will they? I hope and pray that someone can tame this monster that lives inside all of us who come here for support and frindship.

Kitt, it might apply in hyperPOTS people. My new doc - seems to think that CCVSI is one of the problem with POTS. He wanted me to do the special test to look at the veins and see the blood flows - but, since CCVSI is considered a new medical "discovery" ---some insurances are not recognizing it yet and testing may be considered experimental. I'm sure with time, this will be more accepted ---but, it is a new science. I would have to pay out of pocket for the test and decided not to at this point. He is thinking that my diet and what I'm doing will help with the CCVSI issues and therefore - in time - my POTS. So, hoping he is right. He said, if with time, my POTS doesn't improve and there are still issues that appear to be CCVSI related - there are docs that he can refer me to. He would also, want me to do this test to see if this is the issue - at that point. But, will just continue with what I'm doing and hope that things continue to improve.

I had seen this video before. It is very compelling. However, with some of the stents that have been done ---in the past ----according to my doc. it only stays clear and good for about 18 months and then there is a sort of clogging up or reversal of the good effects that is experienced with the surgery. Also, there have been some die from this surgery. So, not something to take lightly.

Issie

Interesting Issie...

Great minds think alike ; )

This video has only been up for about 24 hours, but I think it's formidable.

Compelling. For myself, did not realize dysautonomia was such a hugh factor in MS and Parkinson's.

His bio is exceptional. He's anti-stents...Think he's onto something.

I will gladly pay if it's covered by insurance and I'll query my carrier on this in the next week. (Like trying to woo a steer into a slaughterhouse. Insurance companies appear to be masters of deception and obfuscation....I always have to have a written list of talking points. I take names, dates, and let them know I'll be following up.)

It's our money paying big premiums, and it's well worth knowing what's covered.

Glad you got to see this Issie. I too found it compelling.

Kitt,

I really like this doctor's ideas. I know we discussed his ideas on vein issues in the head back when there was that article about him in the New York Times, and how he mentioned that treating MS with opening of the neck veins ended up curing their dysautonomia:

http://forums.dinet.org/index.php?/topic/21820-importanta-procedure-that-inadvertantly-treats-autonomic-dysfunction/

It seems lately we are making circles around the blood flow or CSF flow in and out of the head!

Sue,

You're right. I forgot about us both reading that article. It's an interesting subject.

It's curious to me though that none of the 'big' dysautonomia doctors and medical centers are not exploring this. I have a lot of faith in Dr. Grubb, Mayo and Vandy...And think they must have opinions on why they're not exploring this. I'd be interesting in hearing their thoughts.

Hmm, this is interesting! I've skimmed over these discussions before, but never really had an opportunity to explore it. His speculation about the possible effect on the vagus nerve is interesting to me. About a year ago, I had a sneezing fit that resulted in several hours of feeling normal with normal vitals, etc. (I posted about it - http://forums.dinet.org/index.php?/topic/19567-reset-after-sneezing at the time). That has still been the only time in 14 months that I have felt even remotely like before and still wonder about the possibility that the vagus nerve had a role in that. It's crazy when you know that the dysfunction can just switch on and off like that ! (and why can't it get stuck in the "off" position for awhile... ;) )

• 2 months later...

not the same video but the same dr though.

vimeo.com/28400815

the original video

vimeo.com/44422241

on jugular dysautonomia was removed as a result of Dr Driscoll's claims that the material was infringing - it was a good watch though :(

Alex

try these instead - download them if you find them interesting/useful as they may vanish too

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nw0paEaEIA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9sccFsF_ZM

Alex

yeah, that lady, she is a patient and hasn't come up with anything "published" and don't have much positive to say about her except "Hugs" and "watch out for the snake oil drs" (paranoid/close minded/greedy?) even according to my neuro her overall theory didn't make sense and he is pretty open to checking things out. but yet ccsvi is something to look into as so many similar symptoms we have with peeps with ms etc. he was open to looking at that well, if this get's edited than i will come up with a sweeter explanation of why not on board with her.

not the same video but the same dr though.

vimeo.com/28400815

the original video

vimeo.com/44422241

on jugular dysautonomia was removed as a result of Dr Driscoll's claims that the material was infringing - it was a good watch though :(

Alex

on what claim, she didn't discover ccsvi.

that is what the website says

there is a similar message on other sites.. Dr Driscoll's claims of infringement are the reason why the videos were removed :(

So its vagal therapy or ccsvi - video not working for me.

which one rama? I checked all the links I posted and they all work at my end (except again the original one that started the thread).

If you go to youtube and do a search on jugular dysautonomia, arata - you should find the videos I posted.

If you're referring to those on vimeo, the original video - at the beginning of the thread is gone, the first one I posted is featuring the same dr but it only addresses CCSVI, not (jugular) dysautonomia.

Alex

How can someone 'infringe' on a theory for what is causing an illness?

Good question Rama!

yeah, that lady, she is a patient and hasn't come up with anything "published" and don't have much positive to say about her except "Hugs" and "watch out for the snake oil drs" (paranoid/close minded/greedy?) even according to my neuro her overall theory didn't make sense and he is pretty open to checking things out. but yet ccsvi is something to look into as so many similar symptoms we have with peeps with ms etc. he was open to looking at that well, if this get's edited than i will come up with a sweeter explanation of why not on board with her.

I'll back you up Angela ;)

Alex