Has Anyone Spontaneously Gotten Better?

My cardiologist always says he hopes I will. He seems to think if pots can spontaneously strike, it can (and should) spontaneously disappear. I am a bit doubtful but hope that's the case! I know a lot of people DO get better, either spontaneously or gradually. Here's hoping we end up being in either of those categories :)

My situation is the same as MomtoGiuliana I got better over time, with meds, exercise and learning my limits. If I don't do cardio, don't have more than an occasional drink and get my rest, I can pretty much stay in the zone these days. I did have some good days/periods as I was improving, as jangle describes.

I think the majority of ppl have to put some effort into their recovery.

With new dr & treatments including meds & exercise I have been able to make some improvement this past year, although no where near functioning. It has not come easily though I've been dedicated & worked super hard.

Momtoguilana- I can't imagine 90-95% good for you! Maybe I'll get there one day

I have just had 4 week of what feel like a remission - I still have pots but did not feel ill at all. Then today the chest pain returned so am taking it easy and hoping it just a blip.

I can only put this first ever good spell down to a holiday when I started to swim again everyday. So exercise! If you can.

I did! Actually my first pregnancy made my POTS completely disappear, literally overnight, was on no meds, and symotoms did not return until I stopped nursing (second pregnancy was complete opposit and almost killed me, still recovering). I also in the past have had the ups and downs, waxing and waning symptoms. All these experts say most peopel grow out of it, but there are no long term studies about this. I think it applies to the teen population and post viral. I do know a bunch of folks who treated their underlying POTS cause and were "cured" of their POTS. Things like IVIG for an autoimmune cause, Lyme treatment, and other treatable causes included. Then there is the astonaut Texan group that magically is cured by exercise, but they had cardiac atrophy to begin with, so I guess fixing the cardiac atrophy by working out like crazy and enlarging the heart "cured" them.

I really hope we seem more solid numbers on this in the future in the literature!