Body Temperature Swings?

For about five days now I get super super cold mainly at night. Then all of a sudden I feel so hot. I start to sweat and my face gets flushed. I decided to take my temperature and saw that when I was cold it was 98.0 and in a matter of minutes after getting hot it was 100.1. Does this happen to anyone else?

My temp doesn't change but I am constantly hot and cold, hot then cold, like hot flashes. Just another annoying symptom.

Yes, that happens to me too. I battle the chills more often than feeling hot, but it can go from one to the other quickly. It's always hard for me to dress my children appropriately for the weather because I imagine they feel like I do. I need to look at the thermostat and be like, OK, it's 77 degrees in here, they don't need jackets . . . Meanwhile I'm buried under blankets.

My temp varied between 94.9 degrees and 96 degrees several years ago but today it was 99.6, without any discomfort or sweating. I have sudomotor autonomic neuropathy and Hashimoto's thyroidistis and assumed my crazy temperature swing was due to those disorders, but similar to Ana, the swings lessened after starting MCAS meds.

Once your body temperature drops below 97 degrees, production of certain enzymes stops, which shifts metabolism. I was bedridden at the same time I couldn't get my temp above 95 degrees.