Helping! Feeling Awful Might Go To The Er!

Yesterday I felt like a cold or something might be coming on. I had a little phelm and my right ear started aching.

Today i got laryngitis and felt weak. I took musicnex to help the phelm and drank slippery elm tea, I also drank yogi tea-breathing aid tea tonight. I never had a probelm with yogi but never tried slippery elm in tea, had sucking candies before POTS, no problem. i also took burtsbees honey throat lozengers.

At 11pm I started feeling weak all over. Then I tried to go sleep at 2am. I got adreniline surges and freezing hands and feet. I tried to ignore it but then I started having spasms all over. After an hour I went to go to the bathroom and could barely walk I so weak.

My heart reat was 170 bpm laying down which is very high my usual is 90-100 bpm

I took my mouth temp and it was 96.5 F then I took my arm pit temp and 5 min later it was 99.8 F.

My body feels so weak and my other body parts feel so hot. I took 2000iu of b12 for energy it's not helping. I've been drinking tons of water but not helping yet. My heart rate is now 145 bpm still high.

My legs are so sore especially my knees. If I strech or move I feel weak

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rich,

Really sorry you are feeling so poorly. If it helps - when i get a virus even mildy, i react very badly and although i never normally suffer with dizziness i always become dizzy and weak and pots is much worse.

Your hr is high - have you contacted a doctor - sounds like you need to get your temperature down, docs normally suggest paracetomol for this. Also lots of vit c.

Last time i had a productive virus i took antibiotics and got better quite quickly.

Hope this helps.

When I get a virus, this happens to me too. I can have the flu and never run a fever. I feel like I'd gladly die from fatigue and I hurt all over and the tachy is thru the roof. I happened to have a pulse ox test one night into getting the flu and it showed supine HR fluctuations between 42 BPM- 170 BPM. Just stay in bed and KEEP DRINKING! Even though you are hot, pile on the covers; if you can break a sweat (I rarely can) it may help. I HATE getting sick!

Be well!

My best treatments for cold or flu or sinus are 1 - warm showers several times a day where I let the water run over

my face while clearing out the gunk. The trick is to stand there with your head down but mouth open. Then inhale water through your mouth and exhale it through your nose. Do this until your nose and throat clear.

2 - homemade chicken soup 3 - lots of fluids including emergenc

and 4 - rest / sleep. 5 htp or melatonin or theanine or a combo of the 3 may help you sleep.

The last time I took mucinex it raised my bp 30 - 40 pts so I had to stop it. You may find that the meds you'e

taking make your dysautonomia worse right now.

For some reason, aminos ?, eating meats helps

my hr slow down when it's up too high. Fwiw, If you have an amino acid supplement that contains all the essential aminos you may want to try it. It's worked for me before.

Hope you feel better soon. D

My best treatments for cold or flu or sinus are 1 - warm showers several times a day where I let the water run over my face while clearing out the gunk. The trick is to stand there with your head down but mouth open. Then inhale water through your mouth and exhale it through your nose. Do this until your nose and throat clear.

I can't take warm showers, it makes my breathing worse. Maybe I'm try to inhale a steam pot if I feel better later..

So sorry you are feeling badly Rich. Fever does this to me too. There are so nasty viruses circulating right now it seems. Maybe contact your doctor and describe your symptoms and see what actions he/she feels are necessary. Take care.

I dont have a local dr. because I just moved a little over a month ago. I can barely stand so going out will be impossible unless by ambulance..

HR is still 135 bpm

I would not be able to tolerate anything like Mucinex. The last time I got a cold, I did not take anything for the symptoms EXCEPT a nasal saline spray. I hope you feel better in a few hours. Don't overdue the fluids or you could mess with the electrolytes. Do you have a weekend clinic you could go to?

Be CAREFUL with the tylenol - I read a case where a guy went into complete liver failure taking the normal amount of tylenol without eating when he was sick with the flu. (And he didn't survive.) It is very, very hard on your liver. (I, personally, won't take the stuff - too afraid of it.)

It does sound like you're coming down with something. The first thing I do with signs of illness is get apple cider vinger and put it in water with honey and warm it up and drink it. It will kill strep in 24 hours - it also helps with ph balance and has lots of other healing properties. Honey is a natural antibiotic. The next thing I do is take Olive Leaf - it too is a natural antibiotic and also kills bacteria. These are my two go toos. I also, up my dosing of Vit. C.

Hope you feel better, Rich - it seems there is always something going on with us. We are so fragile. Hang in There.

(Just an observation on my part - B12 makes me feel a whole lot worse. It lowers NO levels. If it helps it could indicate that your NO levels are too high. If it makes you feel worse, it could indicate that your levels are too low. JUST A SIDE NOTE.)

rich, i'm sorry you aren't feeling well :( hopefully it resolves itself. Be careful of OVERMEDICATING yourself. I used to do this all the time. I get freaked out and then take a bunch of things hoping that it will help. Even if they are herbal, they can have an effect. You have to trust yourself too, if you think you need to go to the e.r. you should go. My rule is that if it is typical, i don't go, but if it's new, then i am going to go and get it checked out. If it makes you feel any better, they have NEVER found anything wrong with me, but my symptoms are also a lot different than yours. I'm confused, you are or aren't running a fever? Also, don't forget your salt with that water. Is this normal pots stuff for you, or is it different?

Hope you feel better, Rich. I'd get myself to ER if I felt as bad as you. I've been nursing another sinus infection here. Hit me last Fri. and this past Fri. it felt like it was starting brand new again (today if day 10 of the infection, day 4 of more antibiotics and I'm still feeling really really lowsy). My ENT always swears things look so angry and inflamed when I get this way and had me checked for Addisons. I didn't have it--just immune deficiencies (have to take gamma globulin. Also with my selective IgA deficiency, I am left even more vulnerable to bugs that cause sinus infections, respiratory infections, stomach and brain infections.). I cannot take tylenol more than 2 consecutive days as in me it causes a rebound headache like a migraine. I can't take the cold meds (can't take aspirin/ibuprofen products due to allergies) as with my Midodrine, the cold remedies make my BP too high. I've been pushing the fluids, using waterless vaporizer, Vicks, moist heating pad but my heart rate and BP and temp aren't all over the highs and lows like your's . My normal temp is 97.6 so when I get to 99 I am really sick.

Take care. Get some help if you can. If you don't feel that you need an ambulance but need medical care, does your community have a taxi service? Feel better.

I'm confused, you are or aren't running a fever? Also, don't forget your salt with that water. Is this normal pots stuff for you, or is it different?

I have a slight fever the highest it got was 101 F, now it's 100 F

But my head, chest, inner thighs, neck and stomach feel really warm. My eyes also feel warm..

I don't do well with extra salt.

I've had a staph infection 4 weeks ago. took levaquin and it went away. I had major phelgm with it. Now I have a little phlegm.