Which Medication Helps You Most?

HopeSprings

Florinef until just recently, I have had to stop it....giving me bad blood pressure swings even on a small dose :( but looks like I have some mast cell involvement...so far seeing slight improvement with antihistamines, vit C, zantac, lots of fluid loading.......every other med ie beta blockers make symptoms worse

Bren

I have tried metoplerol, midodrine, methylprednisolone, and florinef. The flornief works best for me, i love the stuff. It has almost completely eliminated my tachycardia and dramatic pots events.(I still get lightheaded at times, but not nearly as bad as it used to be) I also take celexa, which helps me relax and get those crazy pots hormones under control. One other thing to note is that i was on metoplerol to begin with and for awhile (6 months) it worked well, but then i think it made my pots dramatically worse.

I've only tried two-three so far (if the Cymbalta counts, although it does make it worse not better). Atenolol thus far is the hands down winner; my tachycardia is waaay down (although that's not the primary issue for me based on the fact that diltiazem slowed it but otherwise did nothing for the other symptoms) and I've been able to stand longer (security lines at airports, cooking dinner, washing dishes, doing the cat box) than before. Boyfriend concurs; he's very much a fan. Doesn't do jack for the spaciness while walking or the eye blurring and brain fog, and actually makes me way more fatigued, but otherwise a big win.

yeah its funny - with beta blockers they did increase my dizziness and the possibility of fainting but all my symptoms did feel better. I just had to lie around a lot more than I used to. LOL. Once the postural anxiety kicked in last time I HAD to have inderal.

To add more detail to my response id say:

Long term Id say volume expanders are best for me - my relapse then disappeared quicker for a start.

Shortterm the best response I ever got was from a herb called butcher's broom but with the sideeffect of feeling slightly nervous at times. nothing severe, just annoying when i had to read in front of work collegues I (for the first time ever) got nervous and my heart felt like it was going to explode.

Worst response on a med was an alpha agonist I cant remember the name of. I also tried DHE which was ok in subtle ways as well.