today I'm one in DINET years

Guest tearose

Guest tearose

Hello all!

tearose here. Please indulge me.... Although I enjoy a good cup of tea, coffee is my morning nectar! I need it to get my dysautonomic body in gear! I have a thing for flowers, especially roses and the simple little tearose seemed to be a good fit for my ename. The image has worked well for me and so...

I want to stop and smell the roses. I want to say thank you.

One of the better turn of events was finding this forum and finally hopping on board one year ago today. Of all the trials and challenges, joys and celebrations of anyone's life there are those times that stick out most. I do remember the post by someone named "meghan" that made me reach out and post. Thank you meghan! I remember feeling that because you shared your struggle, it would be okay for me to share mine...and that you and others would understand.

It has been a year full of understanding, acceptance, learning and friendship.

I remember being struck that my electronic relationship with you all did not end when I logged out! I have taken your ideas, happy times and tribulations with me in my thoughts and heart throughout my day and kept you in my meditations for your joy, peace and healing.

It had been a long and mostly singular person journey for the many years I dealt with my dysautonomia before finding you all. I have not felt singular since that day unless I wanted to.

I have learned so very much from you and you have all made me feel very fortunate and very much a part of your lives. How can I ever thank you?

You have cushioned my thorny times. Please join me now to stop and smell the roses.

Grab that cup of coffee, or that cup of tea, or pure water and raise it up to toast my first anniversary! Then raise it again to yourself! I would not be the person I am today without you!

with best regards, yours truly, tearose

Tea, I'm glad you found us too :)

and, coffee is my stimulant of choice in the morning. I just finished a really nice cup of Croatian kava, Snasina (closest spelling w/ english alphabet) also called "minas"--a turkish coffee made in a small pot called a djezva. YUM. Packs a caffeinated punch too. :)

to see what a djezva looks like, check here:

http://croatiagifts.safeshopper.com/169/1150.htm?104

Nina

Guest Mary from OH

Happy Anniversary and many more!! You have helped many of us through terrible days, just as you were helped through yours!! I enjoyed my cup of green tea with you today!!

Thank you for being you!!

:):)

Guest Julia59

Thank you Tearose.

What a nice post! You just took a sad and worried person and made them a happier one---me!

Without you people here my support would have been so limited---mainly my husband and son. But you have all helped me keep my sanity.

I toasted you Tearose---and all the rest of you---with my bottled water. now i'm in the mood for some decaf tea. I can handle small amounts of caffeine---so I leave that up to the chocolate---- :) But on occasion I will split a coke with my husband--and that's always a treat. the next coke I split with my husband---I will think of this post and all of you.

julie :0)

Tearose, you are the BEST! What a lovely post ... very moving indeed! I'm grateful for your every post. Cheers right back at ya,

m

PS I wish I could smell real roses ... mine are buried in 2.5 feet of snow! But I can dream... Mmmm. By the way, did you notice how light it was outside at 5:00 pm? There's definitely hope, and it's right down the road. Be well, friend.

Tearose,

Just wanted to say I'm so glad to know you through this forum. Your kind words have certainly made me feel better more than once!

I wish you much healing and hope you will start to feel better soon.

Amy

Hi Tearose,

happy anniversary. I love reading your posts, they are gentl and sweet and helping. Unfortunately I don't write much lately, but I usually DO read. Hope you had a nice day and that you felt well. And you know what? In my village (about 25 kilometers from Amsterdam) we have a lot of rose nurseries and I love them. I wish I could sent you some roses for your anniversary, but know that when I'm seeing roses (and that's very often), I'm thinking of you and smile.

Corina

Hip Hip Hooray!

Congratulations, Tearose!

For your 1-year anniversary, you should definately get to that DINET Spa! :huh:

We enjoy your kind, caring and uplifting presence here. Thank you.

Ginger

PS... what is your favorite rose color? Every year I try to plant a new variety/color in my rose garden. Maybe I'll just have to get one in your honor! Hey, how about a DINET flower garden... plant a little something for everyone! ;)

Guest tearose

Oops, I forgot to pick a color for the rosebush Ginger!

I guess roses are beautiful in any color...I tend to gravitate to the pinks. There are varieties that you may want to look into that start out one color and turn into another!!! :lol: They are quite unusual and give me lots to meditate on. I guess I enjoy the fact and the surprise that what started out looking like a yellow rose, turned into an orange rose and finally becomes a pink rose! Have you ever seen these?

Thanks for the thoughts, are you ready for Mayo?

warmest wishes, tearose

I have heard of changing roses, but have never tried one. Kind of like POTS, like life, always changing colors! And each color special in its own way! :lol: Do they come in climbing versions? I want to add a climbing one this year, too. One of my favorite ones I got for birthday a few years ago is "apricot beauty." I love to eat apricots and although, my favorite color is purple, I love the apricot color rose. Ohhh, fun to think about my flowers while it's snowing outside.

Hey, maybe we can have a virtual DINET garden this year... everybody post pictures of their flowers and together, we'll make a garden!

Yes, getting ready for Mayo. Started to do list for the weekend and next week. A little melancholy about it. Waited so long for Mayo, yet hate the tests. But anxious for big picture answers. Yet miss my "babies" (9 daughter, 7 son) and my kitty. Kids will have lots of fun with the grandparents, so they should be ok.

Have a super day. Only a little more here in DINETland and must get going on my to do list.

Ginger