When It Comes To Ssri's Do Lower Doses Work Best For Pots?

I believe dr's always begin any patient on a low dose. However, from what I understand titrating up the dose is not particulary beneficial for POTS patients. My dr never recommended increasing mine beyond the starting dosage and I improved greatly on it. but it doesn't help all POTS patients, and early adjustment can be difficult as it can worsen symptoms initially (a side effect of SSRI's is autonomic dysfunction! However this is generally only for the first month or so..!)

I was titrated up on my dosage of Cymbalta, started on the lowest dose, and got bumped up to 60 mg over time. Most of the SSRI's they adjust dosage very carefully. They don't want to give you any more than you need, and as others have said, we can respond really strangely to new meds, so it is always best to take it slow. Especially given that most of us takes these type of meds to aid our POTS, and not (primarily at least) to treat depression, using the minimal dose necessary is really in your best interest.

Sandy