Seeing Colors

gertie

I have times when I look at an object that is red & look away everything is red. When I had purple sheets on my bed everything in the room appeared to be purple. It was like wearing tinted lens. This is a very strange feeling. Has anyone else experienced this? I mentioned it to my Opthamologist years ago & he didn't seem concerned about it.

If I understand what you are saying, I think there is something called "tracking", where the image you just looked at stays with you(color-wise and shape-wise) for a while.

I do have that. I can't look at anything even remotely bright or bright-colored without having this issue. Sometimes I wonder if my eyes are getting damaged by this.

• 2 months later...

I get this too with the latent imagery. However, once I thought the whole room was orange for just a moment, it was weird. I blamed it on the methylprednisolone i was taking at the time--wonder now.if.it was the.pots...

I have a weird side effect from serotinergic drugs (Seroquel and Cymbalta in my case): I get tracers (developed before any dysautonomia stuff by several years). Basically, when you move your eyes or head, there is an afterimage that stays for a few microseconds, but mine stay for longer and the "trails" objects leave can be up to a few feet if I'm particularly sleep deprived or on higher doses of the meds. I did have a workup with an optometrist (which was normal) and with a neurologist (also normal), as well as a full brain MRI with contrast (also normal). I'm not 100% sure if this is similar to what you're discussing, but at least in my case I know it's benign, due to medication, etc. I do have pupillary dysfunction issues with the dysautonomia, but they seem somewhat unrelated (my eyes just fade off into blurring unless I'm actively staring at something, and sometimes even then).

I also have this experience. I have it everyday and it is worse with bright objects or in bright lights. Mine is not due to medication, as I am not on anything that would cause such reactions. I think it just has something to do with having dysautonomia. I have also had a brain MRI, and had a check up with the eye doc and everything was normal. I also get other visual disturbances too. Like really rapid movements of small dots and lines that do not have any color to them. It's kind of strange and hard to explain. It is more obvious out of my peripheral vision and when I am tired. I am not sure what it actually is, I just know that it doesn't seem to be getting worse or causing me any other eye trouble.

Yes! I always see stuff like this. Mine is I always see like dots , lines , and also colors mainly when I've stood to long or get up to fast. But sometimes I can just be sitting staring at something or be looking at something and I will see that color everywhere. Sometime i see like the ground moving its really weird.