Normal Bp, But Still Tired And Dizzy?

Tuesday

I'm just curious to see if anyone can provide an explanation. I've been doing much better with my BP lately, and it's been pretty normal even without my midodrine or fludrocortisone (I went off them a few months ago when my BP started to stabilize). However, recently I'm having spells where I am fatigued and dizzy, like I used to be when my BP got really low. Any idea what else could cause that?

Tuesday, I'm in the same boat. I plan to ask Dr. Fouad the exact same question when I see her in September. I would love to have a neatly wrapped explanation complete with a bow on top!

@Songcanary: I have my first appointment with Dr. Fouad in October. I live in Iowa but making the trip to see her... hoping to have some serious diagnostics completed, and get some real answers. Have you seen Dr. Fouad prior? If so would you mind sharing your experiences had with Dr. Fouad?

Sincerely grateful for anything you can share. Thank you! Kelly

songcanary..... you are funny :) I'd also like a "neatly wrapped explanation complete with a bow on top!"

I tend to have a higher low BP for example it can be 90/60 or 107/71 anywhere between there and I always feel miserable. I have no appointments set up for myself so, I can't ask these questions anytime soon but if you find out an answer to this question, I'd love to hear it as well.

My B/P is mostly low but there are days its considered normal but I feel the worse like right now...108/77 hr 108 sitting.

I have seen Dr.Fouad a few times had all the testing and didn't feel like I got more info than I already knew.I would go again just to try to get more information but she only did the autonomic stuff, I don't think they looked for causes or anything so that wasn't enough for me.

Lissy

Tuesday- Are you living somewhere where you're having to deal with the heat that has been so intense for so many people this summer? I know my Neuro at Mayo says he's learned that nearly ALL his patients get worse in the summer heat, even those people who are "close to remission and off meds."

I know hypoglycemia would do this but I don't know how high blood glucose makes someone feel.

A lot of us have hypoglycemia. I have hyperinsulinemia, meaning I overproduce insulin causing hypoglycemia.

A few years ago, when I was testing it regularly at home, I noticed that I'd feel faint if mine was around 67 and that I didn't feel normal until it was over 80. I never saw mine go over 104 at that point even when challenged with a ton of sugar ...

I need to redo this though to see where I'm at now.

tc ... d

Thanks, everyone. I haven't really experienced normal or high bp enough to realize that dizziness might be a problem with that, too. I also think it may have something to do with allergies. I took an allergy pill the other day and that seemed to help (although it might just be wishful thinking!)

Sounds like I need to check back with my cardio/ep, but do any of you take midodrine even after your bp has stabilized?

This question gets asked fairly regularly.

POTS isnt a blood pressure condition. Its a condition where there is disfunctional or abnormal blood flow or cerebral autoregulation. That is circulation is abnormal - there is increased blood flows in some areas depending on the type of POTS and reduced blood flows in others - usually the cerebral vasculature.

This question gets asked fairly regularly.

POTS isnt a blood pressure condition. Its a condition where there is disfunctional or abnormal blood flow or cerebral autoregulation. That is circulation is abnormal - there is increased blood flows in some areas depending on the type of POTS and reduced blood flows in others - usually the cerebral vasculature.

What about other forms of dysautonomia? I haven't been diagnosed with POTS, but I have the same problem. My BP is normal but I feel lightheaded and dizzy, like I'm going to faint. Is it the same for all types of autonomic dysfunction?