Does Pots Ever Make You Feel High?

icesktr189

Sometimes I'm so lightheaded and dizzy that I can't focus eyes to the point I feel drunk.

The only thing that helps is for me to take a nap. No matter how much salt or liquids I take in, they don't help. Anyone else?

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Also the adrenaline surges make me feel like I'm on speed or something.

Sorry I posted this a billion times I'm stuck on the internet immune phone lol.

I just need a new route other than taking a nap because its happening so often now. I have tried tons of salt and gateraide to no avail.

as far as when mine happened there is really nothing I can do but chill out and relax, drink a lot and eat some salt. I was just diagnosed after trying to search all my life. Any way I'm just now searching for medication to help control all this, and I'm sure thats going to take a long time, but at least I know now what is wrong with me. :)

I used to do this too ... And to think some people do this for fun ... lol ...

Take a look at your blood glucose when you do this. Eat a protein and fat with any sweets you eat. Nuts are a good option here ... Don't eat too many sweets, fruit, honey, etc at one time either. There's only so much protein and fats can do as far as regulating your blood glucose ...

Also, do you have food intolerances like gluten, casein, corn, soy, high fructose corn syrup, aspartame, Sodium benzoate, etc etc .. HFCS makes me feel like the Energizer Bunny on crack ... :blink: That would've been nice to have known years ago ... :o

And lastly, candida can do this. You can either see a doc and get tested for this or just treat it. Info about treatments is on the web .. It took me at least a year to get mine under control and I used the candida diet, pau d'arco and Candidase. You may need to try something else. We're all different here. I have a freind who swears by Threelac ...

hth ... dizzy

Thank everyone!

I have looked into candida, but I think mine is more POTS/severe allergies. Did they do a stool test? The diet is soo strict, and Im already underweight, so I am wary of starting it. I do want to eat healthy, but dont want to loose anymore weight :/

It looks like a lot of POTS people have allergies. Seeing as how POTS is very close if not the same as CFS, then leaky gut can cause this. Leaky gut is responsible for food intolerances, candida, nutritional deficiencies, etc ...

Brenda Watson had a PBS special on this afternoon that explains this. Or if you google her name, you'll find some of her youtube videos ... you can google leaky gut for an explanation too.

You can get stool tested for candida. My integrative doc ordered mine from Genova Labs ...

I lose weight quickly too if I don't eat plenty of fats. Raw nuts, seeds and coconut are good sources ... Fatty meats like Salmon are good options too. I don't eat very many carbs nowadays and my weight is still good.

hope you feel better soon ... dizzy

Gosh Dani-

YES, YES, YES, me too. I'm guessing that you are slightly hypoxic from the suspected PAH. You really need to see a pulmonologist and see what your oxygen saturation levels are. I was running the other day & I was sooooo dizzy it was ridiculous. When I got home, I dug up an old peak flow meter, and I could only blow a 200. (Somewhere between 400-500 would have been normal for my age & height.) At that point, I very belatedly realized that I had forgotten my Singulair- for the WHOLE week. Once I took it, I had a little improvement.

I see a pulmonologist on 2/11. YOU need to do same :rolleyes:

Julie