Pots Article

Crow

Any press is better than no press, but..........I've had doctors tell me just to relax this will go away on it's own. At least we (past our teen years) did get a paragraph in this article

"POTS was first recognized in 1993 and some research has shown an association with chronic fatigue syndrome. It can also strike in middle age, but the prognosis is not as good" I do like how they used DINET as their information source and got the details correct. Thanks for the post Crow.

good to know, any press is encouraging! ha, I just get frustrated when they say how most teens get better, since I've been symptomatic since 16, but was just diagnosed at age 31, after getting progressively worse each year. Ha, hoping I'm a late bloomer and still "grow out of it" ;-)

Thanks for sharing, Crow. The story made me weepy. Could have been my son's. He was struck at 12y/o and is 17 now; certainly not all better, but managing with many meds & lifestyle changes. The prognosis seemed a little rosier than reality, but I appreciate ABC's effort to educate & spread the word.

Julie

Thanks Crow. I agree with Todd - its encouraging that there is any press at all.

Here in Australia there are periodic updates on the health of our only famous dysautonomia sufferer, Greg Page (formerly the yellow Wiggle) - not someone with POTS, but some general type of autonomic dysfunction. It all helps to raise awareness among health professionals and in the broader community.

Dianne

I agree with Mack's mom that the story was a little too rosy. The girl is very blessed to feel so much better after only a year. I'ts been over 3 years for my daughter now. Still, I'm happy for them and wouldn't wish this illness on anyone.

There really needs to be a lot more articles out there on this illness. There are so many different symtoms and degrees of being ill with autonomic dysfunction. My dream some day is to write a book or at least an article with my daughter.

Brenda

The story was in response to an article on anxiety and heart disease. I was going to respond and didn't. Now I wish I had so I think we should all contact ABC and and make them aware that we need awareness and just how severe Pots is. There is power is numbers... I gave my email and 2000 word story. Let's all do it. It's at the end of the article and do it to ABC not just a comment.

Can't hurt to try...

Bellamia~*