Toddm - How Did You Guess! Lol.

Have you ever or do you currently work in the medical field?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This has come up a few times before:

http://dinet.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtop...4&hl=nurses

Also, I have read in medical literature that health care workers are more likely to get tachycardia, so not a surprise that the same goes for dysautonomia. There was a research paper on the topoic I saw a while ago, but couldn't find it when I just looked. But here is an article which mentions it:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa36...07/ai_n8979994/

Personally, I doubt that one person is more likely to acquire POTS over another simply because of their vocation, health care or otherwise. I believe it's more likely that those already in the medical field are more likely to recognize and identify their own initial symptoms and continue to investigate treatment possibilities, ultimately ending up here, whereas others are more likely to blindly go along with the usual anxiety diagnosis, take their anti-depressants and never find this place, which skews the numbers.

I further contend that those not in the medical profession who have found their way here were either advised to check it out, or found it on their own because of their type A personalities or analytical minds - those who don't take no for an answer and those who think in an 'if-then-else' manner, like programmers, mechanics, teachers and number-crunchers.

Hypothetically, if somehow every POTS sufferer on the planet were to vote in this poll, I believe the numbers would closely mimic the ratio between health care workers and others.