Hi Everyone!

she was perfect.. 7 pounds 8 oz 19 inches little girl.. been okay since delivery.. VERY tired but no passing out.. kinda dizzy but also could be because of lack of sleep.

one question though.. how do all of you do with stool softeners?

i need these but im worried about what POTS would do with them :)

Congratulations!!!!!!

Congrats!! There is nothing like the reward you get at the end of labor with a beautiful new sweet baby!

I have used stool softeners without trouble after surgeries, deliveries etc.

Hope you can get some sleep!

Congratulations!! I'm sure she's beautiful!! Glad to hear the delivery went well for you. I have had several surgeries and done just fine on stool softeners afterwards. I just am careful to take the least amount possible so I don't get hit with the opposite problem...Colace is a good one but I've also been ok on Dulcolax. All the best to you and your new little joy!

Dani~

Great joy and tidings! I knew you'd come through everything just wonderfully. I've used Senna for years without any problems. Enjoy your new little one, and rest well.

Cheers,

Jana

Congratulations on your baby girl!!! Enjoy her!

I don't think there should be any problems with stool softeners for you. Most people here do well on them. I do fine with colace, but it tends to make my guts a little sore. I prefer Miralax.

I hope that your recovery goes smoothly for you.

Rachel

Yeah for a baby girl!

I'm so glad for the uneventful delivery and that you are okay!

I would think you need to take the stool softener especially the colace.

I don't think it will aggravate your POTS actually being constipated might aggravate it more.

The only thing I did not like was Senokot. My doctor gave me this after my last baby and I was awake all night with horrible chest pain. It was most likely a heartburn effect but it was so bad I could not sleep at all. The Colace should work fine though.

lieze

she was perfect.. 7 pounds 8 oz 19 inches little girl.. been okay since delivery.. VERY tired but no passing out.. kinda dizzy but also could be because of lack of sleep.

one question though.. how do all of you do with stool softeners?

i need these but im worried about what POTS would do with them :)

Congratulations x <_<

Congratulations!!!!!

As far as stool softeners go, I'm with Rachel - I prefer Miralax. Very gentle on my system and does the job. Dulcolax has me so crampy and regular stool softeners don't do anything.