Adrenaline Surges From Movies?

icesktr189

i just got done watching law abiding citizen and now my POTS is horrible. i was feeling good before the movie but the adreneline from watching it makes me feel way worse. so now i cant even watch a movie! haha.

i gave up scary/adrenaline movies which i used to love

anyone else with this problem??

i noticed i have this feeling for hours after i watch one of those types of movies

I was nearly kilt by the movie Cars. I feel bad because I either go to the fun movies and feel horrible or I go to the boring movies so that I can feel halfway normal afterwards. Plus, do you have a hard time smelling the popcorn and all and sitting that long? I just think the whole experience is difficult. My family likes to go to a stadium thing on the 4th of July. I dread it all year long!!

Just think- if more people had POTS, the theatres would let you lay down and it would be projected on the ceiling! Also, there would be breaks and I'm pretty sure there would be free licorice ropes!!

Kits

I have the exact same problem, I used to often complain that I was no longer able to play some of my favourite video games or watch movies that contain exciting scenes. I found myself getting too engaged and my body flipping out from it, especially with video games my heart would become too rapid so I had to give it up unfortunately.

Yeah, I'd love to go see Avatar, but I think that the graphics will give me a migraine, not to mention the whole POTS thing. I have to wait for everything to come out on video. :) I feel so crazy sometimes, I'll get tachy and sweaty palms just from watching TV. I can't get a new TV because the flat-screens all produce a strobe effect that worsens my headaches. I don't know what I'm going to do when my 19 year old TV kicks the bucket.

Yup, it happens to me too. I went to go see Quantum of Solace (that James Bond movie) with my fiance when it first came out in theaters and I felt horrible the entire time..There was WAY too much stuff going on for my brain to keep up! I also kind of get that same feeling when they do like an aerial shots in movies. I don't know if that part is weird or if that happens to other people too..It definitely gets frustrating though!

• 1 year later...

LOL my kids got a playstation for Xmas and I remember my good'ol teen years of playing myself (secretly I was hooked on adventure games);) SO I decided hey it might give me something to enjoy while laying and sitting all the time right....Well I was dead wrong!!!!! I begin playing and everytime I fall off of something or get killed my heart jumps, after playing for about an hour my hands are sooo sweaty. I start thinking its just a coincidence but the next day I try again by that time I have invested alot of time into this game I'm trying to beat it, I began having the same symptoms but worse I start having more palps and scary chest pain! After 3 days of this I finally quit playing! SO it is some weird stimulation that affects me and action packed movies do the same to me.

Dani, I am exactly the same. Last scary movie I watched was Shutter Island. Quite a scary, suspense movie. Bad idea! I had tachycardia all night until 6am after watching that. Was feeling great until after the movie. I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one who suffers with this!